Thanksgiving

Options
2»

Replies

• Jasmine_James
    Jasmine_James Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I are spending this Thanksgiving in Aspen -- just the two of us (we try to avoid big family gatherings and at least limit them to just one holiday a year). We'll be doing some fine dining and I want to enjoy every bite and not limit my choices to keto-friendly options. My plan is to go strong keto for three or four weeks leading up to Thanksgiving, and then take one of my usual breaks that weekend.

The holidays were really depressing for me last year because I felt self-conscious and overweight and I couldn't enjoy eating all the fixings on Thanksgiving because of guilty thinking. This year, I've been committed to keto with scheduled breaks throughout (primarily for vacations, weddings, etc.) and I feel proud of really adopting a lifestyle and balance that has helped me lose weight but also feel healthy. I am looking forward to having some bread, stuffing, dessert, and more without any negative thoughts or guilt over it.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Officially: I will be hitting goal weight on Thanksgiving, so it'll be the end of ketosis, and a day of celebration.

Unofficially: For me, it's going to be so wantonly dirty and full of flour, sugar, beer and wine that it'll have to be called "Eddie Carbs Dallas" instead of "Thanksgiving!" After five months of ketosis... Bow-chika-wow-wow!
  • wheels_33
    Options
    I can't pass up grandmom's cornbread sausage stuffing. I will at least rationalize this cheat by playing the annual 3 hour tackle football game in the morning.