Pushing through DOMS?

Options
Hello all :smile:

Quick DOMS question, I upped my weights on my squats on Sunday and felt fine doing the 3 sets of 8 (coming the end of stage 1) today my DOMS was quite bad on my quads but I did workout 1b just fine. My quads aching lots now and after a couple of weeks of no real DOMS it's a shock! :wink:

My next workout will be Thursday, I'm just wondering if my DOMS are still rough should I push through like I did today or rest/skip that workout? I'm thinking tomorrow my poor legs will not be happy with me :laugh:

Anyone have similar experience that can advise? Many thanks!

Replies

• klp1017
    klp1017 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I actually wanted to post this today as well. I did my Workout B-1 on Sunday and today I still have really bad DOMS in my upper and lower back. I'm supposed to move on to Workout A-2 today, but I'm not sure if I should just wait another day. I think as of right now I'm going to wait an extra day, just to give my muscles more time.
  • FoxSaysMeh
    Options
    Thanks for the reply :smile: yes I think you are wise. I am regretting pushing through today as I am so sore already. If I still feel like this on Thursday I will rest my muscles more.
  • FourIsCompany
    FourIsCompany Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I don't know what I did Friday, but my hamstrings have been SO sore all weekend. I think it's from perfecting my squat form. Yay! But it's only today that I feel like doing the next workout. I hate to miss one, but I think I did the right thing.
  • FoxSaysMeh
    Options
    Yep, I am resting for a few days before my next workout for sure. I hate missing one but my body is shouting out for rest!