Anyone doing ADF water fast?

Options
missy_1975
missy_1975 Posts: 244 Member
Hi,

I started doing 5:2 (like the rest of the world it seems!) 5 weeks ago. The past week or so I've chosen to do alternate day fasting, and I plan to do this for a while, social commitments permitting! :drinker:

I've played around with three small meals on a fast day, then just a small lunch and dinner, then just dinner. I found that the later I ate the less hungry I became. My last few fasts have been water fasts (well, zero calorie herbal tea fasts really), and weird as this sounds, I find it easier not to eat at all rather than eat up to 500 cals. Has anyone else found this? I find I'm hungrier if I have anything to eat on a fast day.

As someone who LOVES to eat, drink and be merry, this has come as a total surprise. I'm also finding my appetite is reduced on my non fast days. Is anyone else doing this and found it easy?

Replies

• JesseTomCat
    JesseTomCat Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I did 5:2 for most of last year but stopped over the summer holidays. I really want to start again, like you I found it much easier than I thought and often found I didn't think about food until the evening on a fast day. I wasn't hungry, and found it easier not to eat at all than have three tiny meals. Looking forward to getting back to it, starting my first fast day tomorrow!
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    I did one 0 calorie day back in February.

It did not really appeal to me.
  • missy_1975
    missy_1975 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm now finding it really depends on the day and the week I've been having. Some days 0 cals is almost easy (almost!). However, I've noticed that if I have a fast day the day after strength training I am STARVING :sad: So I'm doing the conventional 500cals max on those days.
  • astrobunny911
    astrobunny911 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im finding it way easier to do 0 cal fasts on adf. I always over eat once i start. But like the comment above i get real hungry if its a physical day at work or have done legs the day before.. Finding espresso shots help and my pre workout shake zaps my hunger straight.