Canadian Thanksgiving This Weekend

Options
For those who are celebrating Thanksgiving this weekend what is your plan.

We are hosting 16 on Sunday for the traditional turkey dinner with all the trimmings.

I am hoping to make my hot yoga class at 9:00 a.m.. on Sunday morning and then I will indulge in moderation at dinner and back on track on Monday.

Karen

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I have 2 this weekend, one that I do, and one at my parents, lots of people at both,
    I like to cook it all and so do my parents,,,i pig out, I really do, I am not much for desserts
    but I adore stuffing, I work out double all this week tho!
    It only comes once a year, so I indulge.....
    just go and work it off.
    hope you have a blast,
    I shall be thinking of you!
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    We are hosting. Looks like we will be 9 adults and 3 kids. I decided I don't want to do a whole turkey so I just went to 3 grocery stores to find turkey breasts. I also got some turkey thighs and turkey necks (for stock for gravy). I will roast all of them in the over and my mother-in-law is getting a honey ham.

I love baking so I will be making pies. It's a PA day for my son on Friday so we will go apple picking and make that into a crisp or pie. I also saw a recipe for a cider cocktail so I will get cider at the apple farm. Yum!!!

I hope to just eat as reasonably as possible. Luckily making it myself I know what goes into everything and I'll be busy before and forget to eat all day so I'll have lots of calories left for dinner. :)
  • Runningcircuits
    Options
    You all are making me hungry for Thanksgiving dinner! Enjoy!
  • ticiaelizabeth
    ticiaelizabeth Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh I am so nervous about this! I plan on getting some cardio in before the guests arrive.... I am also trying baked apples instead of apple pie this year. Of course we will have the usual fare for others not watching what they eat, but I'm hoping that keeping to the vegetable dishes and staying away from the buns (yummmm freshly baked bread) will be enough so that I can still enjoy the holiday and not make a total disaster of my diet. Good luck to you all :)
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be working on thanksgiving and won't be able to go to thanksgiving dinner :cry: I'll probably get takeout and watch some halloween movies by myself.

We're in the process of moving and i'll be painting the whole house all weekend so hopefully that will give me some extra calories.