• ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Very inspiring.
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Week 4:
    Average intake 2400 (not intentionally down 50/day....just happened that way)

Weight; 127.4
    Down 1 lb from last week which puts me at a total of a 1 lb gain in 4 weeks. I'm not too happy with that...I was hoping for closer to 2. I'm going to only up 50 cals a day (an keep them only carbs) and see where I go in a week.

Also did measurements today.

Waist is the same.
    Hips are up .25"
    Bicep (unflexed) is up .25"
    Bicep (flexed) is up .5"
    Belly button is down .25"
    Thigh is up .25"
    Everything else is the same.
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I'm down too, though not that much :ohwell:

Definitely the 50 cal increase/day is a great idea.
  • sarahstrezo
    Options
    Week 5 complete:

Average intake 2504/day with 49% carbs....almost exactly where I wanted to be, so I'm very happy with that.

Weight: 128.4 .....up 1 lb from last week and a total of 2 lbs in 5 weeks.
    Very very happy with this....lets just hope this stays and continues!

I'm also pretty psyched to find out that my TDEE is higher than I thought so I should be able to cut, come spring, at a decent intake :)
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!!! See now why you didn't need to stress last week when there wasn't a gain? It happens, maybe not every week but they will come. You're smart about this, that willl make cutting so much easier for you.
  • a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I bet your TDEE is up because of the puppy! lol

I have the same mentality as you - like if my TDEE is 2500 or something crazy, then I can cut at 2000! sweet!
  • westcoastgrl21
    westcoastgrl21 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Nice gain! It's smart to make your additions mostly carbs or all carbs. That will allow you to cut at a much more reasonable carb level. My coach told me to really push and see if I can get my carbs up to at least 250g/day for my bulk and it will make my next cut much easier. Don't mind if I do, no one has to tell me twice LOL
  • sarahstrezo
    Options
    I really need to stop getting on the scale every day or every other day. This morning I was down 1/2 lb from yesterday...making my total gain in 5 weeks to only 1 1/2 lbs.
    I'm not changing anything because I'm on a deaload week right now. But, I guess we will see how it goes.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    That could definitely have something to do with it. Less use of the muscles, less water stored. I think waiting to analyze until you're back to it next week is a good idea.
  • sarahstrezo
    Options
    Week 6 complete:

average intake: 2471
    Weight: 128.5 pretty much the same from last week. In fact, when I would weigh myself through the week, I was often lower...closer to 128.

I feel like I'm just spinning my wheels with the weight gain, so I'm upping another 100 calls a day to hit 2600/day. Keeping my macros the same.
  • HMVOL7409
    Options
    Don't stress but think upping again is a good plan. I'm not surprised you maintained with your deload week or even fluctuated down as you won't hold onto fluid to aid in recovery. You are in a good spot though so keep pushing!!
  • sarahstrezo
    Options
    Thanks, holly!!
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    My weight went down in week 3, stayed the same in week 4, and finally went up again in week 5. Weight gain (and loss) isn't linear. Just be patient :flowerforyou:
  • sarahstrezo
    Options
    So...weigh-in isn't until tomorrow.
    But.....I seriously LOVE what eating more food is doing for my lifts!
    Yesterday was deadlift day and I was able to complete 3x5x190 (for a PR on reps) and then for ****s and giggles decided to try to add 10lbs and pulled 200lbs x3!!!!
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • caseythirteen
    Options
    That's fantastic!!!
  • sarahstrezo
    Options
    Week 7:
    Average intake 2585 (or…..2638 according to macros)
    Weight: 129.2
    Up exactly 1 lb from last week. Which is perfect…I hope it stays :)
    My lifting has been has been really good and strong and I've been progressing nicely since taking that reload week 2 weeks ago.

Next week's plan: Keep on Keeping on ;)
  • HMVOL7409
    Options
    Great job girl!!!
  • caseythirteen
    Options
    You're doing fantastic! Sounds like an excellent plan. :)
  • sarahstrezo
    Options
    Week 8:
    Average intake was 2608 (2684 according to macros)
    Weight 130.2…..I'm not putting too much stock in this number as my period has started this morning, so I'm assuming about 1/2 lb of it is bloat. Which should put me right around 129.7….exactly 1/2 lb up from last week.

Since it's week 8, I'm also due for measurements:

waist: 25.25
    belly button: 28
    hips: 34.75
    nipple line: 30.5
    chest (under arm pits): 31.5
    thigh: 21.25
    calf: 13.5
    Bicep unflexed: 10.75
    Bicep flexed: 11.5
    shoulders: 39.5

According to the online calculator that I've always used to track my LBM and fat mass:

Body fat: 18.9%, 24.51 lbs of fat mass….up 1 lb from last month, but same % due to increase in LBM.
    LBM: 105.1 - up 1.3 lbs from last month

From start of bulk:
    I've gained 1.2 lbs of fat mass and gained 2.1 lbs of LBM in 8 weeks….yay!!!

My waist and belly button have gone up slightly, but I'm not sure how much of the belly button measurement is from TOM bloat ;).
    I'm most happy that my shoulders and chest have each gone up 1/2" and my thighs 1/4". My inflexed bicep is also up while my hips are still the same.

And….according to measurements…..my LBM is up!!!!