Sarahstrezo's bulking Log

Options

Replies

• sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I'm incredibly impressed with you and your experience with this process so far. You're attitude is good, your gains are good and you just seem to have found an excellent place for you! Keep up the fantastic work - you are a great role model for so many of us trying to go through this with our heads screwed on straight.

Thanks, Kim!!!
  • sarahstrezo
    Options
    Week 11:
    Weight 130.2 .....down 0.4 lbs from last week :(
    I find this super discouraging. I haven't been logging on the weekends as we've had a ton of parties and I didn't see the point. Maybe I wasn't taking in as much as I though. Not sure.
    Boo :(
    As I sit right now, I'm definitely going to continue my bulk through the end of February. Once I get there, I'll see how my gains abs been and decide about March.
    Oh...and I completed my deadlifts last week at 3x5x195 so ....moving up to 200 this week :)
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    By chance do you weigh yourself just once a week or more? I wouldn't stress too much about it if you only weigh once as you know all about those fluctuations. Good job on the deads, keep pushing!
  • sarahstrezo
    Options
    Holly, it really just depends on the week. Usually I try to weigh 2-3 times throughout the week to see trends, but I don't think I weighed more than just the once last week.
    I'm hoping next week doesn't show the same thing….I doubt it will. Plus, next week is time for another set of measurements. So, I'm excited to see that.
  • sarahstrezo
    Options
    Week 12 update:

Intake: around 2600-2700…again, have been slacking on the logging during the holidays and all the parties we've had. But, I've been pretty much eating whatever the hell I want on those days, so I'm sure I'm over 2700 on a few days.

Weight: 132….thank god! When I had that loss of .5 lb last week, I was discouraged. But, the scale cooperated this week and showed a nice gain. 12 weeks in means I was also due for measurements. I'm happy to see that pretty much every measurement has gone up from 0.25-0.5 inches….yay for growth! (even if it includes my tummy).

Waist: 25.5
    Belly Button: 28.25
    Hips: 35
    Bust: 31….yay, the girls are filling out a tad ;)
    Chest (under arm pits): 32
    Thigh: 21.5
    Calf: 13.75
    Bicep un-flexed: 10.75
    Bicep flexed: 11.5
    Shoulders: 39.75

Body fat: 19.6% ( I will admit….it's sort of scary to see this number increase, even though I know it has to. But….the LBM increase makes it all worthwhile)
    LBM: 106.13

In the past 4 weeks, I have gained a total of 2 lbs. 1 lb was fat and the other was LBM….yay!

Total from the start of my bulk, I have gained 3 lbs of lean mass and 2.5 lbs of fat mass.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know if you could be doing this any more perfectly!!
  • HMVOL7409
    Options
    You rock girl! Such amazing numbers!
  • sarahstrezo
    Options
    Week 14:
    haven't logged in here for about 2 weeks. Last week we were on a family vacation in Disney. I ate a ton, but also walked a TON!!! It is a fun but TIRING place (especially when you take 3 small kids). The week before, was only 1/2 productive since mid week, my oldest and I both got a nasty stomach bug :(

So….things have been off for about a week and a half. I have no idea where my intake our output was in that time.

Weight: 131.8….which is down 1/2 from 2 weeks ago. The good news is I'm super hungry today and decided to up my cals to 2700 to try to increase the weight a bit more. At 14 weeks in, I'm up less than 6 lbs total….so, I need to buckle down with the gains if I'm going to even come close to my end goal of 140lbs. I'm sure I won't reach that before I decide to begin cut, but I'd like to be closer.
  • HMVOL7409
    Options
    Great job and great plan girl!
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    You go girl!
    And I had the experience of the stomach bug just before Cristmas... definitely helps with eliminating water weight... the nasty way
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Yeah, at 14 weeks in I've gained less than anticipated but that just motivates me to go harder! You're doing an awesome job--well done with the LBM gains!!!
  • caseythirteen
    Options
    You're doing so great! I want to be like you when I grow up. :)
  • sarahstrezo
    Options
    Week 16:
    Weight is 134 on the dot….2 lb increase for the past month which is perfect.
    Average calories 2740….going to keep them there as the scale finally started to move up again.

Measurement time again:

Waist: 25.75
    Belly Button 28.5
    Hips 35.25
    Bust 31.5
    Chest (under arm pits) 32.25
    Thigh 21.5
    Calf 13.75
    Bicep unflexed 10.75
    Bicep flexed 11.5
    Shoulder 39.75

According to the same measurement I've been using, body fat % is still at 19.6%.
    total fat mass 26.26
    total lean mass 107.75

So….from the beginning of my bulk, I have gained:
    2.88 lbs of fat mass
    4.5 lbs of lean mass gained.
    Again…not sure exactly how accurate these numbers are…but gains are gains!

I'm going to continue this bulk (as of right now) through the second week of March…which should give me 7 more weeks of a surplus. For a total of 23 weeks of a bulk. I never thought I'd bulk this long, but it's going well so I'm not in any huge hurry. I I'll take the second 2 weeks of March to eat at maintenance and then start to cut the first week of April.
    I am starting to feel fluffy around the middle and my *kitten* is definitely getting bigger…which is not necessarily a bad thing i guess ;) But I love the way my arms are looking and I can't wait to see how they look once I lean up and get more definition.
  • caseythirteen
    Options
    You are doing so great!! Such an awesome inspiration on how a bulk can be for a woman. So damn impressive!
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Awesome LBM gains!
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    You're doing really good! I'm also surprised at myself for the length of bulk that still feels good. I'm now at 17 weeks and still going strong.

Really wondering what is hiding under that fluff!
  • HMVOL7409
    Options
    Once again, great job lady! Damn proud of you!
  • Kestrelwings
    Kestrelwings Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Awesome - very impressed! :happy:
  • sarahstrezo
    Options
    You're doing really good! I'm also surprised at myself for the length of bulk that still feels good. I'm now at 17 weeks and still going strong.

Really wondering what is hiding under that fluff!

I agree….I'm excited to cut and see the new definition. But, am so loving the bulk and all the food ;)
    I just assumed I would feel 'fatter' than I do. Don't get me wrong…I definitely notice the fluff around my middle and my thighs, but I don't seem to care as much as I thought I would.
  • sarahstrezo
    Options
    Week 17:
    Average cals - 2750 + (I'm really slacking on measuring and just sort of plopping food on my plate so it's probably higher)
    Weight…down 1/2 lb. F@CK!!!! I'm so very sick and tired of eating, it's not even funny. I am so full feeling all the time and nothing is sounding good or appetizing any longer.

I was planning on bulking through mid March, but the idea of that is making me want to quit now. So…I'm going until the end of the month and then I am DONE! I'm really still enjoying the progress in my lifts, but I just can't continue to eat this way when I'm hating all things food.

The end of february will give me 5 solid months at a surplus. I'm hoping for a solid 10lb gain….we shall see. it's not looking likely at this point.