Foxys PUT DOWN THE CAKE cut

Options
I just wanted to register my interest in not being a fatty while i have 15 minutes spare!

I've kind of loosely been cutting for about a month, but in that time, i got food poisoning, lost 2 kgs, put it back on again, ran a half marathon and almost died!

Anyway, I'll log an actual starting place on Saturday. I'll actually start my cut Monday, because im going to a beer festival. So i'll post all my stats then

Rough outline of programming and eating:

I'd like to shoot for 2500ish calories, plus whatever cardio i do. My TDEE encompasses 4x strength workouts and a bit of extra fluff every week, so i like to then log my cardio on top, experience tells me this gives me a better reading, although i lost my HRM so im doing guesstimates which tend to be MFP burn -150ish kcals for short runs, or a percentage on LSRs (I know, buy a new HRM). My Macros will be 250ish Carbs, 80ish Fat 200ish Protein (Im not a strictly strictly kind of cat as some of you know) My supplements will be : Delicious cake, The odd bit of whey (I only take this on cuts and only when i cant source good clean P. Smell your shaker if you leave it out for a night, is that really your best P source?) A spoon full of yummy fish oil every A.M.

Training: I do a 5/3/1 version of Triumvirate(Quadvirate) with a bit of fluff every workout as well. Core lifts tend to be

Monday: Squat. Pause Squats, lunges, GM/RDL
Tuesday: Bench, BB Floor press, Close grip/Dips Pendlay Row
Weds: Mmmmmmmmmm, nothing
Thursday: OHP, Chins, Inc DB press, Kroc/Shrugs
Friday: Deads, Deficit Deads/Racks Front Squat, Dem Glute Bridges

I like fluff as well, Wendlers all about fluff you dont really track and you just do. Fluff can include but isnt restricted to:
BTN Press, Lat Pull downs, Curls, HLR, Ab Rollouts, Jump Squats, RC work if its niggly, DB OHP, flat DB press, Delt raises etc

Not really fluff but other things i like to get into my week: Yoga at least 1x per week. Sleds - we dont have a prowler in my gym but we have a nice little sled, a harness and rope, so you can do different types of push/pull with it. Box jumps I've recently started doing vertical jump stuff and I quite like it.

Cardio: I do a lot of cardio. I dont do it to burn fat, and i know it interferes with my lifting to a extent, but i like it so i do it. I have a 7 mile trail race in a few weeks and beyond that i dont have many booked races. Currently doing cardio 5x per week having Mon and Fri (Squat and deadlift) off. I tend to do Tues: 3 - 4 miles Weds: 4-6m Thurs 3-4 m Sat: half your LSR Sun: LSR - Im not going much beyond 14 miles on LSRs right now as i dont need to.

I will post pics and stats on the weekend. Im about 81kg which is where i cut from last year, but I have a pretty different composition!

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    In. Good luck!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Tagging to follow.
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Quick touch in.

So i had three post cut weigh ins with very different results

Pre beer festival: 81.5kg
    Post beer festival (vomitted some rainbows) 80kg
    Post next day binge: 82.8kg

Today (weds 16th) 80.6kg

Since i officially started on monday i've had two workouts

Monday: Squats I havent got my numbers with me but it was 3 week on 5/3/1and they were around about these...

Squat: 67.5,87.5, 100, 112.5, 122.5, 135 all threes. I recently went to ATG and i think this is very close to my powers
    Pause Squat: We like to go below parallel. We were recently going to ATG but there was a realization we were essentially resting on our calves. Now its to just below parallel, we count 5 x Mississippi for timing. 3x3 @ 90kg. This was soul destroying.

I will give the 5/3/1 week a whirl and then probably reset my Squat for the next month of the cut. I didnt do any other assistance, i was feeling pretty sleepy

Yesterday: Again i dont have my numbers with me, so they're all Ish:

OHP: 25, 35, 37.5, 42.5, 47.5, 52.5 x 4 - everything was 3s except the max set
    Kroc Rows: 3x10@ 45
    Shrugs 3x8 @ 128,148, 168 (a PT told me our trap bars are 28kg which is quite a odd number, i trap shrug for free deadlifts)
    Inc DB press: 32.5 3x8
    Chins: Weighted 3x5@ 17.5

I progress my chins and dips so that one week is weighted, one is unweighted. I alternate which is weighted so one week its dips, the next chins etc

Fluff. I dont really track my fluff but i know what i did last night:
    HLR 5x10
    BTN press: 3x10 @ 30
    Cable face pulls: Some number of plates 3x8

I also ran a 3 mile run in the am in about 22:00

I'll try and take some photos soon
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    subbing
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Thought i'd quickly touch in again.

18/10 Was deadlift day, im not lifting 5/3/1 this month as i've recently switched to sumo and I've been looking for the point where my technique breaks and just trying to pull a nice 3x5. Warmed up to a 3x5 of 145kg. Was pretty pleased with how my form looked on all three sets - wore a belt on the third and it kind of threw me off. 2nd set was best
    Front Squats: Warmup of 5@70kg followed by 3x5@90kg
    3x5 deficit deadlifts at 125. I do my deficits stood on a big bumper plate
    Glute bridges 145x10 165x10 185x10

19/10 ran a muddy trail race called GRIM Blackout on some army test track. I ran 7 miles in 1 hour. Heres a video of the original if anyones interested. The blackout is a loop of half this course, only at night! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdByqpfvnPg

Race morning i weighed in at 79.6kg. My lowest yet, i didnt carb load as its a short race

Sunday i rested and had a big old family meal with lots of cheese and crumble. I pretty much saved all my race cals from the night before so i doubt i did too much harm, but i didnt log.

21/10 and i weighed in at 82.5kg! Mmmm Crumble. Filled with energy i put in a good Squat session in my 5/3/1 week
    62.5, 77.5,92.5,112.5x5,132.5x3,142.5 x 3. Was pleased with my depth but a real grind, my TP said "If a fly landed on you, you would've failed" But i was below parallel and didnt Squat morning it, so im very very pleased with that (I have a parallel 1RM of 160kg)

Pause Squats 3x5 at 90kg and much easier this week for the extra food
    Squats: 3x10 @ 90kg Lunges: 3x10@50kg GM 3x8@ 60kg

22/10: Had a not hugely successful 5/3/1 bench day. My presses suck. 42.5, 52.5, 60, 80x5, 90x3 95x2 (Wanted 3 min)
    I tried some floor press but was completely drained from standard press so i dropped that and just did some Pendlays
    5x10@80kg
    Dips 3x8@20kg
    Finished with some ab fluff (HLR, Rollouts, knee tucks) before doing a half hour of light elliptical

Today is a off day from lifting and my birthday, i weighed in at exactly 80kg this morning and am gonna go for a light 5-6 mile run later as well as walking my dogs. Im going out for a Nepalese tonight so expect my weight to potentially balloon again for a couple of days before dropping to 80ish again for the weekend.

Turns out, I'm not very good at cutting
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Awesome race! It looks like a fun challenge, and happy birthday:)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday...have fun!