Confessions...

conniedj
conniedj Posts: 470 Member
I used to relish the fact that I could work out really hard to get my Net calories down to below 900.
(Of course--never realizing that this was STOOPID).

I used to think that the scale was the end all to be all of fitness. And if the scale jumped several pounds in one day, I gained that much fat. Overnight. Or the reverse.

I used to believe that food was food.

That was then, this is now:

Hair and skin healthy. Energy level great. It didn't take a pill--just some good food.

I can really lift that heavy....at my age.

You really are what you eat. Really.

How about you? Looking back--how has your thinking changed?

Replies

• arnpjenn
    arnpjenn Posts: 1,377 Member
    I'm still new at this. I just finished my 8 week reset and am on week one of cutting.

I LOVE the fact that I'm looking forward to working out for ME! ... and not just to earn back "activity points."

As a former low carber- I'm enjoying a variety of foods but in moderation.

I love the fact that I can eat more than 1300 calories per day! :)

I'm looking forward to this exciting journey!
  • floopysandi
    floopysandi Posts: 138 Member
    I love being able to eat "naughty" foods as well as good foods and still be within goal.

I LOVE lifting. I don't see my iron as much as I would like due to my busy life and commute, but the small changes have made a huge difference.

I love that my back is stronger because the rest of me is.

I love that my skin is clear and my hair is healthy and strong now.

I love being on the "guys" side and freaking them out when I grab the non-barbie weights.

Most of all I love how my body is reshaping itself...
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    I love getting to the end of the day and realizing that I can have a "treat" (I'm still working on trying to eat a bigger share of my calories during the day- right now I end up with lots built up at night!)

I LOVE having the energy, stamina and strength to do things that sound like fun (hiking, swimming)- esp. since my journey started after a major energy

I love that eating more has given me a major boost in my mood- not so cranky!

I feel more confident, and love the way that I look :)

I love starting strength training (circuit training, because it's what I have available), and seeing improvements in how much weight I can lift! I'm now using the adjustable weights that I used to think of as 'my boyfriend's dumbbells'