is there anybody out there

Options
Is anyone still in this group?

Replies

• rummyqueen
    rummyqueen Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I don't no,I join a group when I just came on to MFP but then I never saw anyone after that,I still workout with DVD"s eslie Sansone and Jillian Michaels.I have every DVD that Leslie made and I just order her New one,I order 2 of them Raido hit music,I know one of them is new not sure about the other obe but I think it is never saw it before so I got both.
  • ASchnadelbach
    Options
    I have five of the Leslie Sansonne videos. I love working out to her videos because they are easy.
  • OneThrone
    OneThrone Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm still going strong. I've been walking, but just not to my video. I will most definitely be back to Leslie now that its colder. I took a break from her while the weather was so nice, but I don't do outside when it's cold.
  • Flygirl214
    Flygirl214 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Angela and I was doing really well on losing for a while and then I got depressed. I love the WATP workouts because I can do them no matter how hot or cold it is, in the privacy of my home! Between having lost my job, losing my Uncle, who was like a father to me, and having serious marital problems, I fell into a very deep depression. Well.. I have a job now, I've healed from the loss of my Uncle and my husband and I are doing much better, so now I am getting back to me and want to do a mix of different workouts and get back on track! Sooo.. I am 44, turning 45 on February 14 and hope to have lost about 30 pounds by then. I am committed to this but really need the support. I would love to have anyone who would like to friend me on here and encourage me along the way. Also, if there is anyone in the Sacramento area in this group, I would love to have a friend to hang out with on occasion that is like-minded!
    Age 44
    Starting Weight 194
    Goal Weight 145
    Height 5'6"
  • Kanndj
    Kanndj Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi there,

I am new to MFP, and I was excited to see a group for WATP and Leslie. I just discovered her program about 5 months ago. I work from home, and I often work at night. I have found that, even at 2 in the morning, if I want to work out, I cannot use the excuse that it is dark, cold, or whatever, since Leslie is always awake with me if I want to walk! I stopped working out completely with the holidays and some other family illness that has been happening. The encouragement of this site should help. I was hoping to find a bunch of people who had successfully lost weight with WATP, but the site seems slow. Since I am 51, I am going to join one of the 50+ groups too. Maybe there will be others who walk on those sites. I will keep checking in there though!
  • Filletsteak
    Filletsteak Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi all

I love Leslie's workouts, but can't buy them in Region 2 (Europe) DVD format so I follow two on Youtube - WATP parts 1 and 2, and the 5-mile walk, which I do 3-4 times a week. I enjoy doing them as I can do them when I want, wear what I want and am now using my weights for the first mile.

My thyroid level has dropped in the past two years (I'm 49) and I find that doing these workouts keep the weight gain at bay.

I'm getting to the stage where I need a new Leslie workout so please recommend one I can watch online, please let me know!

Good luck everyone!
  • Kanndj
    Kanndj Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi there,

I also use the YouTube posts of Leslie's DVDs. I plan to use them just to find my favorites and buy them, but since I am new to the program, I wanted to use YouTube to see if it was really as doable as others have said. If you put in a search, you can find quite a few of them. I like the 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk, 3 Fast Miles, and there is the 3 Mile Abs and the Walk Your Belly Flat 3 mile. The 4 Fast Miles is one I tried, but I was not quite fit enough to make it through that one. It is my goal to someday think that one is easy!

Congrats on your thyroid doing better. I have a friend who is hypothyroid, and she has expressed her challenges with having energy and the weight gain and such.

Leslie also has a Facebook page and Twitter that I might check out when life slows down a bit. I love the way Leslie pokes fun at how it is okay to look silly to be healthy. I am the only one around here out of 4 people who is trying to exercise/be fit. Sometimes, I do feel silly, since I am doing the walking routine while they are watching TV or whatever.

I just started using Leslie's workouts in October of last year, and in that short time, I noticed that her program helped reduce my backaches I used to have every morning when I woke, and also, working out with her helps my stress level. Hopefully, with watching my diet more and increasing the miles daily, weight loss will be the next good thing about walking with Lesilie.

Happy walking!
  • Filletsteak
    Options
    Hi and thanks for that info! I'm definitely ready to rev it up!
  • LisaT8892
    Options
    Hi, good to see some activity on here, I've been doing Leslie's DVD's for a few years now, I own about 10 of them & mix them in with outdoor walking when the weather is good, Zumba, & I just discovered Turbo Jam DVD's which I'm really liking. I lost 60 lbs. a few years back just by counting calories & doing Leslie's DVD's & have managed to keep most of it off, but continue to struggle with losing another 10 lbs., Went off tracke during the holidays & put on a couple of pounds but I'm rededicating myself to losing weight!
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    That's what I've been doing. I recently found the Punch Up your Walk. I like that one and will add it to the ones I'd like to buy.
    I lost about 60lbs doing Leslie and watching what I ate. Unfortunately, life stepped in and I gained 20 lbs back again. So it's back on the wagon!
    I haven't tried Turbo Jam yet, but I do like the Tae Bo DVD's. They will burn some calories!
  • amayitux
    amayitux Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I started two days ago, and I just can't even walk or go upstairs, I'm so sore! Which sucks, but is also grreat! :)
    I started with a 4m walk, I guess I thought I was a bit fitter :)
    Being so overweight has had me isolated and staying at home, being a couch potato :(

I am 163cm - 5'3" ft tall. I am looking at loosing 50kg - 110lbs. I am eating clean and logging all of my meals.

Please feel free to add me and let's support each other!

Doy you walk everyday? Do you make any breaks? Thanks in advance.
  • wifeandmotherof2
    wifeandmotherof2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I also love walk away the pounds!
  • LisaT8892
    Options
    Glad to see some recent activity here, I walk or do other workouts 6 days a week, take one day for rest. The workouts get much easier the longer you do them so hang in there Amayitux, small goals make the journey feel more attainable so I would recommend setting 10lb. weight loss goals instead of looking at all of it at once. You can add me if you want. Sounds like you're in Europe?

Also, Welcome wifeandmother!

Wraiythe, Congrats on the weight loss & on getting back on it, we all have ups & downs but getting back at it is the most important thing. You should give Turbo Jam a look, you can probably find some on youtube to see if it's something you might like, I think there fun & really get my heart rate up!
  • laurasaintlouis
    laurasaintlouis Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    That's what I've been doing.{ I recently found the Punch Up your Walk. I like that one and will add it to the ones I'd like to buy.}
    I lost about 60lbs doing Leslie and watching what I ate. Unfortunately, life stepped in and I gained 20 lbs back again. So it's back on the wagon!
    I haven't tried Turbo Jam yet, but I do like the Tae Bo DVD's. They will burn some calories!

Is punch up your walk a Leslie Sansone work-out?
  • amayitux
    Options
    Yes, I'm in Europe, Spain!
    Thanks for the support :)

I am looking at torrent files for more Leslie :)
  • laurasaintlouis
    laurasaintlouis Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I am doing Leslie Sansone Walk your belly flat-3 mile walk. I mix it up with other videos though.
  • amayitux
    Options
    I am doing Leslie Sansone Walk your belly flat-3 mile walk. I mix it up with other videos though.

What other videos are you using? I'm interested in low impact activity that I can do (I'm starting off quite obese, BMI 39), and I think I'll enjoy a little variety later on.
  • Filletsteak
    Options
    Thanks! I'm now doing Leslie's 5-mile advanced walk using 2lb weights and doing the regular 5-mile walk on the other days. Hopefully she'll release some Region 2 DVD's - her army of walkers is growing!
  • sgar36
    sgar36 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just joined yesterday. I'm getting back on track finished 4 mile WAP Super Challenge today.
  • Nancyannjurczak
    Nancyannjurczak Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I lost 95 pds than gain it all back plus but Im determined I will get it back again with Lesley help and the help of the group ty