Paleo Strong - 30 lbs in 8 weeks

Options
Yep, I can't believe it myself. I've lost 30 lbs in exactly 8 weeks of Paleo eating. I know that Paleo enthusiasts cringe when they see "newbs" post about their weight loss, as the Paleo lifestyle is geared to make you very healthy - that is the selling point - with weight loss being a by-product. Well I have to say - I'm on board both trains here. I feel so good - at least 10 years younger - in the past 2 months. I have more energy, I never feel "like a slug" after meals anymore, and actually look forward to going out for a jog or a bike ride 3 or 4 times per week.

I'm not that "100%" Paleo guy - I'm not overly concerned about sauces at restaurants or if I forget to say "no cheese" on a salad, or little things like that, and I do have a designated "cheat day"... but I just don't go overboard on it. The main staples that I have eliminated 95% are processed foods, dairy, and grains. When you learn to live without microwave meals, diet soda, bread, milk, and cheese - it's amazing how much better you feel.

I have no intention of "Going back" to my old lifestyle, ever. I am so comfortable with this, I actually look forward to creating new meal ideas each week, it's kind of fun. It's just a matter of getting that "must have bread" or "must have cheese" mindset. .. it's so easy to bypass that stuff, and your body LOVES you for it.

Replies

• carashirley
    carashirley Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! So happy for you!! I've lost 4lbs in the past 4 days of doing Paleo! I hope it keeps up!! Do you keep track of any of your macros?
  • chris2267
    chris2267 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Great job! I too prefer a Paleo diet but am not 100% I do go out to eat and eat some fast food from time to time , but I notice how bad I feel afterwards. I try to make a better choice next time.

Logging food on MFP you can really mess with your head when it comes to counting calories. Most days I eat a whole avocado and that puts me at 50%-60% of my fat for the day. Most people may freak but I smile.

Keep up the good work and enjoy!
  • Rei1988
    Rei1988 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your health & progress!
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Congrats - no cringing here.
    I started this to lose weight too. Just then I saw a list of other benefits a mile long.
    Keep reading and keep tuning your body and health.
    Its not about being obsessive or strict - its about making the choices to be healthy.
    Great work - keep it up.
  • naptownblue
    naptownblue Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    thanks everybody, it's been enlightening and actually very educational and actually fun. I actually look forward to making different meals, it's a highlight of the day! - as for macros, I'm not sure what that is?? Is that like a proportion of fat/carbs/etc per day? If so then no - I'm not monitoring that. Should I be??
  • carashirley
    carashirley Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    thanks everybody, it's been enlightening and actually very educational and actually fun. I actually look forward to making different meals, it's a highlight of the day! - as for macros, I'm not sure what that is?? Is that like a proportion of fat/carbs/etc per day? If so then no - I'm not monitoring that. Should I be??

I say NO, if it's not broke don't fix it. I monitor mine only for the purpose of knowing my daily deficit
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    awesome!!! congrats!!! Paleo is great for weight loss..I did'nt have much to lose, I did lose the last 10 that were so hard for me....but I have also dropped body fat ....I will never go back to regular SAD diet, Paleo makes me feel so much better!!
  • naptownblue
    naptownblue Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks! You guys can follow my experiences at paleogaga.com, or like my fbook page "Paleo Gaga", as blog posts go there automatically. I love this lifestyle and feel so HEALTHY!
  • sausalitomama
    sausalitomama Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say congrats! That is really awesome and keep up the great work!
  • Tspgibbs
    Options
    This is so amazing. Your story is so inspiring to hear. Wishing you continued success.:smile: