Tip 1 to maximize your hoop workout

Options
peace_frog21
peace_frog21 Posts: 108 Member
If you are doing a lot of waist hooping, remember to keep your arms engaged!! Either by holding them up straight out to your side (in a wingspan) or above your head like a ballerina might.

Also, remember to work in both currents. I like to do this by spending a couple minutes hooping to the left and then a couple to the right. I have been spending about ten minutes on my waist alternating currents and foot positions. I.e. Dominant current first with feet shoulder width apart, second with right foot forward, third with left foot forward. For an additional challenge, put whichever foot is in front in a "high heeled shoe" position. I.e. Back foot flat front foot on ball of foot. This engages the core even more. If you really want a challenge, try to lift that front foot off the floor. Repeat all this in your alternant current.

This may not make any sense written. I can try to explain better.

Happy hooping!

-Ashley

Replies

• LindseyLinea
    LindseyLinea Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I think it makes perfect sense. Thanks for the tips. I am trying this today.
  • moondancer2010
    moondancer2010 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Makes sense to me. I'm going to have to try the high hell method next time I hoop. I raise up on the balls of both feet and hoop for a bit too.
  • peace_frog21
    peace_frog21 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    ooooh...calf raises while hooping......great idea!!! lol

anyway...when doing the high heeled shoe thing, like I said for the extra challenge (and you will probably fail the first time...and the tenth time, i still have issues) pick the foot up off the floor...you can do that with a foot out to the side as well, and to the back. it is a challenge...