New to EM2WL after doing it wrong for so long, question!

Options
Cazzyxo
Cazzyxo Posts: 104 Member
Hiii :)

So its been 2months since my last recorded loss on the scale :'( Despite exercising now more than I have done ever in my life. **Frustrated**

My stats are: Female, 23yrs, 5ft8, 136lbs!

I have a fitbit which I wear 24/7 unless I forget to put it on but that's not very often. I also use a HRM for my exercises and log that to MFP.

I have it set up to be in a 500kcal deficit a day on a medium intensity plan on fitbit. I have it set up for negative adjustments on MFP so it steals my calories the less active I am! Fitbit works my TDEE to be around 2000-2100kcals (2300ish on high intensity workout days) and 1700kcals if I barely do anything/forget to wear it.

I think I have been going wrong for the simple fact that I have not been eating back my exercise kcals, I have been aiming to eat around 1500kcals but I actually only NET around 1000 some days because I wasn't eating my exercise kcals back. I roughly burn 2100 kcals a day according to fitbit and more on a highly active day. So should be aiming to NET around 1600-1700kcals with eating back exercise kcals?

TIA!! x

Replies

• Cazzyxo
    Cazzyxo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Unsure what to manually set my NET calorie goal to on MFP? :)
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    You should be eating the goal that MFP gives with a positive and negative sync.

And in essence, yes, that means you are eating back your exercise.

You are taking a deficit off of your TDEE. Days of no exercise your TDEE is less, so you eat less. Days of exercise your TDEE is higher, so you eat more.

Use the spreadsheet on my profile page to help with your estimates, FitBit_BodyMedia tab after you fill in the Simple Setup tab up to Activity Calc.