First triathlon tomorrow!

Around this time tomorrow I will hopefully be on the run portion of my race. I am a ball of nerves but so excited! I have 2 goals for tomorrow: 1. Finish in 2 hours or less (it's a sprint) 2. run the whole run except for water stops. EEEEEE!!! Tomorrow, I become a triathlete!

Replies

• KeithAngilly
    KeithAngilly Posts: 575 Member
    So cool! I have felt the tug of the triathlon, but my immediate goal is to qualify for the Boston Marathon. Have fun in your race!!
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Have fun and good luck!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    We need a "like" button.

Have fun tomorrow. There seems to be lots of us racing, I've got duathlon .......
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Good luck!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Buena suerte!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Congrats! And good luck!!!
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    You should be asleep now, but in case you see this, have a great time!!
  • Cgirlish
    Cgirlish Posts: 263 Member
    awesome, hope its going well
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    good luck. i've done four sprints and one oly distance, so i learned a bit about my own personal hydration. basically i overhydrated the first three races i've done. and over Gu-packed. they're short races, and you don't need as much as you think you do.

hopefully you've been hydrating well all week and today. drink plenty of water tomorrow morning, and have a bottle on your bike. drink that whole bottle while on the bike, and then push it out on the run. you'll be plenty hydrated.

my last race was a sprint. i hydrated and ate before the race, because i wanted to forgo any GU packs during the race. for the bike, i had my handle bar water bottle and thats it. more to get the salt out of my mouth from the swim than to really drink, although it was middle of august and it was hot, i did need it. i had one GU pack in my pocket that i even forgot about.

good luck, and hopefully this isn't your last triathlon, and you will be able to experiment with things like nutrition and hydration in the future.
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Good luck! Don't forget that it's ok to pee in your wetsuit. :)