October movie watching

Options
So is anyone watching anything special this month or having any special marathons for Halloween? Because of my work hours I usually try to fit in movies when I can, or since I can watch tv at work, will see what's on there at night.

Replies

• SavvyCake
    SavvyCake Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have a set tradition going back many years of watching as many classic horror films as I can throughout the month, probably because it reminds me of when I was younger and AMC used to do Monsterfest practically 24/7 in October. It's ok if I don't get to re-watch certain ones, but I absolutely have to fit in the Mummy (Boris Karloff version), Bram Stoker's Dracula, House on Haunted Hill (Vincent Price version), and the Body Snatcher (Karloff again). Those are mandatory Halloween movies for me :)

What about you? Any specific ones, or just as much horror as possible during the month?
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    My wife and I were finishing up watching Buffy and Angel. Have most of season 5 of Angel still left. Netflix finally got the 3rd season of The Walking Dead, so we fit that in after we finished Buffy. She also put aside a few movies that she wants to watch this month. Hocus Pocus, The Addams Family, Trick 'r Treat, The Descent, A Nightmare on Elm Street (the remake) and The Cabin in the Woods.

Last year we watched about 20 horror (some family horror) movies during October.
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    Since I work overnights I fit in movies when I can (luckily I work in a group home taking care of adults so I have access to the tv while they are sleeping).....so far I have been watching some of the movies that are on Syfy or AMC...was thinking about taking in my portable dvd playing and some of my movies. I bought some new ones recently that I wanted to check out. Picked up Hostage, (2013 movie....A man deals with the personal tragedy of his family's death by living at the vacation cabin that they last stayed at. He soon discovers he's not alone.), I Spit On Your Grave 2, and one that I always watch around this time of year Trick 'r Treat.

I was at a horror convention last month and had considered watching some of the movies of the people that I met, but with a lot of them have seen those movies a million times, and some of them I have no desire to see (main example both Human Centipede movies...met Ashlynn Yannie, very nice lady but I even told her I refuse to watch those movies).
  • TamAD48
    Options
    Past few days I have been stuck in bed with a sinus infection and laryngitis....so had a chance to check out some more movies either on netflix, dvd or some of the other all horror channels I have on the Roku.....so far I have had a Vincent Price mini marathon and watched Madhouse, House on Haunted Hill, and Tales of Terror. Also watched The House That Dripped Blood, Ghoulies, all 3 Hatchet movies, and a documentary about horror movies called Nightmares in Red, White and Blue.
  • jlwbeans0823
    jlwbeans0823 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Tam, you have a picture with Tony Todd! How cool, he has the best voice! I just watched a movie called Them (2006, French). It's not graphic or gory, but it really does well with prolonging dread, suspense and tension. If you don't mind subtitles you should check it out.
  • TamAD48
    Options
    Tam, you have a picture with Tony Todd! How cool, he has the best voice! I just watched a movie called Them (2006, French). It's not graphic or gory, but it really does well with prolonging dread, suspense and tension. If you don't mind subtitles you should check it out.

Yep that's Tony....I met him last month at a horror convention. He's a very nice and sweet man, and was so great to hear that voice in person LOL. I'll have to look for that movie, sounds pretty good. I don't mind subtitles, in fact I have a lot of asian movies on dvd that are subtitled.
  • SavvyCake
    SavvyCake Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    If you haven't seen it already, I recommend A Tale of Two Sisters. It's a very moody Korean horror film.
  • TamAD48
    Options
    If you haven't seen it already, I recommend A Tale of Two Sisters. It's a very moody Korean horror film.

I've heard that is a really good movie, gotta try and find that one. I have seen the american remake of it called The Uninvited and wasn't overly impressed with that....but I know that the asian versions are so much better than the american remakes.
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

I've heard that is a really good movie, gotta try and find that one. I have seen the american remake of it called The Uninvited and wasn't overly impressed with that....but I know that the asian versions are so much better than the american remakes.

Not always true. I always thought The Ring was better than Ringu.