Are you still tracking your weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• ehimay10ins
    ehimay10ins Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm tracking my food here on MFP.

I am working with a nutritionist although i've only gone to her once. she told me that she doesn't mind me maintaining during first/second trimester, but she doesn't want me losing anything.

I have been tracking my weight from the doctor's office on my phone.
    I have also been weighing myself at home about once a week. I was 147 before getting pregnant and I wanted to stay under 150 during the first trimester. I am 12.5 weeks now, and I was 149.8. I have decided on my own to try and stay under 160 (on my scale) during the 2nd trimester. I am also trying to be realistic and know that it may not happen but it's a goal.
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    40 weeks today and I've logged my food, exercise and weight all the way along. My goal was to only gain between 7 and 14lbs. I'm set at maintenance since my BFP and eat back exercise calories. I often eat over maintenance if I'm hungry and generally try and listen to my body. I was 90.1kg (198lbs) at my BFP and at 40 weeks I'm 93.2kg (205.5lbs). I also lost for the first 19 weeks (about 6lbs altogether) before I started to gain, so I've gained less than 8lbs overall and I'm more than happy with that.
  • Lisa_Rhodes
    Lisa_Rhodes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm mentally keeping track of my weight. I've been on and off or logging, but I'm trying to be more diligent about it since I've upped my carbs.. need to lower them back down a bit (or at least control them) and up my protein more. As long as I quit buying the good tasty carbs and keep buying more protein filled foods, I should be fine whether I log or not, haha. Not so much counting for calorie sake.. I eat when I feel the need to, really. :smile:
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I stopped tracking my food when morning sickness set in ( I didn't see the point when I was just throwing most of it back up.)
    I still track my weight and have not reset my ticker. I might decide to when I start back over again after baby is born. For now I have left it alone.
    I am not concerned with weight gain as I know it is inevitable, I just want to be aware.
    I am actually more concerned with weight loss, my doctor doesn't want to see me losing tons of weight like I did last time.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I still track everything, weight, calories, exercise. I've gotten approval from my doctor to continue to eat at a deficit. I'm 5'2 and my goal weight for delivery is 180lbs, I'm currently 197, down from 211 the date I found out I was pregnant.

Did I get this right? Your doctor has asked you to loose another 17 lbs while pregnant? I would get a second opinion on that. Sorry. Don't mean to bug you . It just contradicts everything I've ever read and heard about nutricion and pregnancy.

If you look at her stats, she is considerably overweight (I am sorry, I don't mean to be rude, I weigh about what she does, I am just being honest.) There are so many complications in pregnancy that can be caused by extra weight. Perhaps her doctor feels her need to lose this weight will benefit her pregnancy.
    From all of my research and understanding, doctors will approve you to lose weight while you are pregnant if you are considerably overweight to begin with, never if you are not.
    It may just benefit her much more than hurt her to lose the weight. She knows better than all of us do.
    The important thing is that she listens to her body. If she feels the need to eat more, then she should, even if it defies doctor's orders. If she feels good, baby is healthy, heart beat is strong, her blood work and pressure is improving and she's losing weight - good for her!