Hello

Options
CherylP67
CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
Hi,

I'm Cheryl, I'm moving over here from the Couch 25k group.

While my graduation run was not ideal, it was memorable.

I'm still in limbo as far as what I'm going to do next. For now I'm just running 30 minutes a day 3-4 times a week to work on my 5k endurance and time. I sprinted a little bit at the very end of my run today, then ran normal pace a minute more, then did my 5 minute cool down.

My first all running 5k is October 22, I'm hoping to do a 5 mile Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving. I will do turkey trot if I can find someone to switch shifts, I work 7a3p that day, if I can switch with the 3p-11p person I'll be able to run it.

I'd like to do a few 5k's this fall/early winter, a 10k in the winter and the Cincinnati Flying Pig half Marathon in May. I have friends who are running Flying Pig Half so it would be fun, although I hear it's hilly.

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Hi Cheryl. Those are great goals.
    I run 5Ks on my runs but not in 30 minutes. I'm currently running them in about 40 minutes. I haven't run an official race yet of any length.
    You're going to do great. Let us know your progress as you go along.
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard, Cheryl!

You've probably realised this isn't strictly a 10k board - we're all doing different things with different goals but I think the common goal is we are all moving on from C25k and want to improve our running, be it times or distance - you'll fit right in :)
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group Cheryl!!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Those are great goals!

I didn't start a 10k plan after finishing C25k. Instead I started working on a 5k SmartCoach plan from Runner's World and building my cadence. One day I realized that my long run had been 6 miles (and not particularly draining) and signed up for a 10k. I was so stoked from that race that I signed up for a half marathon (10/26) and have been training towards it since July.

It sounds like you have similar challenges lined up, but are being more organized about it. :happy:
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Welcome Cheryl
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!

I'm thrilled to graduate to this board.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Hi Cheryl! Belated welcome to the group. You'll find some great support & advice here. I've learned more than I can tell you.