DAILY CHECK IN - OCT 13/13

maureli
maureli Posts: 722 Member
It has been a long time since I've had a running injury, but whenever I do it is the same thing. Its my calf muscle...happens during a run and feels like a knife jabbing me. So....my last run was going great, I was going to do 10K. I ended up having to call my son to come and pick me up, its something that I just can't run through. I did stop running as soon as I felt it coming on, so hopefully it won't be too long healing.

But, not being able to run is the worst thing ever!

Replies

• mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Maureli, Sorry to hear about the calf pain. It sounds like you made a good choice to not continue running on it.

I had an injury scare. On Tuesday on my training run, I stepped off the pavement while running. I really could have sprained or broken it but it didn't hurt so I kept running. I even ran the next day too. By Wednesday afternoon, I definitely was experiencing discomfort/pain. I stretched the tendon in the bottom of my foot and caused plantar fasciitis like inflammation. I started taking Aleve, wearing sneakers at all times, and icing it. Of course, I didn't run on it. By Friday it was significantly better. So, on Saturday I went ahead and ran the 5K I had signed up for weeks ago. Did it without any pain and my foot feels fine! It was a very very small 5k and I got 2nd in my age group. I could have ran twenty minutes slower and got third:) Today, my foot feels great! There is just a a little stiffness in the ankle. Just enough to say I can feel it.
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Ran almost 7 miles today!!!! I feel good - I think I need to do some IT Band stretches though.... even though I have heard stretching it can be painful - running with the tightness in my thigh sucks...

MLOGANTRA - Congratulations on your 2 place finish!!!

MAURELL _ I hope that calf muscle gets better quickly