How was your day? Please share :)

Options
debilang
debilang Posts: 874 Member
Good Sunday Morning, Everyone...

Yesterday was a VERY interesting day...as I went out to breakfast with DH and several of our Car club buddies. I had the DELICIOUS chicken fried steak, hash browns, toast, and coffee. Usually, going out to eat, I get to take HALF of my meal home...so I had it for dinner. I enjoyed a Soy Latte on our trip home. Welll, after I had the other half of my breakfast for dinner, I nibbled on microwave butter popcorn...3 cups...THEN was CRAVING Japanese noodles (the frozen variety from Costco...which is delicious). With all of that sodium, I retained 2 lbs...but will drink my water today to flush that. hmmm...

Craving is an interesting beast. I thought only sugar made me crave...but, when I chose to eat the microwave buttered popcorn, and ONLY 3 cups...I *still* needed more. I looked at my food log...and I was LACKING PROTEIN! Wow... This last week I got at LEAST 70 to 90 grams of protein...over HALF my allotment. I *truly* believe it makes us sated. I will again be resuming a high protein menu...also because I am doing the calisthenics for which I need the energy.

I enjoy logging my food, cause then I can discern the reasons for my weight gain. The COOL thing, is that with ALL of my calisthenics, I have REALLY been toning. Soooo...I "look" trimmer, but weighed more although I know it is sodium retention!! My goal is to lose bodyfat...and I am FINALLY beginning to understand, that we can NOT spot reduce, but lose OVERALL weight, and just build muscles. The great thing about muscle is that is BURNS more calories...and that is our goal.

I am on Week 4 Day 3 of my 100 Push up Challenge. I did 31/39/31/30/32 (5 sets of half push ups...that TOTALED over 100...and the fact I can do them...is a WONDERFUL feeling. I am running and playing with my 3 year old and 22 month grandbabies...and even running with my granddog for short distances.

I CERTAINLY applaud all of our friends here on Sassy Seniors for being a part of this forum and a part of MFP. Cause NO MATTER where we are ALL here on our journey to feel eat and feel better, right?? As long as we set our goals and keep working at them...we ARE the WINNERS!! :happy: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile:

Let's NEVER give UP!! It is amazing "what our minds can conceive...we can achieve" :drinker:

I am sooo excited to be learning and sharing here what we learn about ANYTHING that can improve our lives. I hope everyone will jump on the bandwagon and post your days...I find sharing my thoughts undermines the need to crave something from which I should stay away :laugh:

Have a WONDERFUL Day...

Deb :heart:

Replies

• texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Hi Deb, Just wanted to reply to say that I read your post and need to reread more closely later on b/c of time factor right now.

CRAVINGs are indeed the Beast :sick: .

My cravings are often triggered by carbs, especially if crunchy and salty. But not limited to the crunchy/ salty variety. The ones that are higher on the glycemic-index can cause me to give in to the beast :noway: . I'm going to ponder how else to reply more thoughtfully for later on.

Great post and topic my friend.

Mary (in my garden in Texas :flowerforyou: )
  • dianefisher47
    dianefisher47 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Well my day was one of loads of fun, I played golf and was in awesome company. I had lunch at the restaurant with my hubby and enjoyed it, if I stop to look back to all the calories I ate I would have normally felt guilty BUT no I have worked so hard and I figure I owed my self this little break, plus hubby said we never go out to eat in restaurants anymore he was right since I started this journey I have tried to avoid them....so this was my day and my hubbies also :drinker:
  • greattimes
    greattimes Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Had great day at work. Had someone tell me how each time she comes in I look even better. That I was a great inspiration and a great motivator. This is coming from a stranger. Its so good to hear something positive. I was getting tired of hearing your getting too skinny or have you been sick. It made my day and makes me want to continue.
  • debilang
    Options
    Wow....:grumble: I just spent some time on here replying to my pals on sharing their day...and all of a SUDDEN, my post disappears and an ADVERTISEMENT appears, and wipes out my post :ohwell:

I will post an abbreviation of my last post...cause now need to get on to other things :happy:

**Greattimes**...CONGRATULATIONS on your Non Scale Victory (NSV) of the compliment someone gave to you. Many times when we want to do things that will make us healthy and fit, we get the push back...or maybe it *is* concern that we are sick...but you are NOT sick...and well on your way to being the best you can be in our Sassy Senior years :happy: I know you are motivated and we are CHEERING you on!! :drinker:

**Diane** WOW...what a grand day you had on the golf course...PLUS having lunch out with your DH. Those SPECIAL memories, just keep adding on to those special times we spend! Happy for you...:happy: Glad you ankle is healing well...and you are treating it with the care it needs, and STILL getting the exercise you want and need! :drinker:

**Mary** (in your beautiful Texas garden)...YES..CRAVINGS :noway: are what we continue to deal with especially when giving in to them. I am happy to just PORTION out a serving now...and stick to that! I also love the salty...but if I drink a full glass of water after I eat Cheetos and Fritos (my faves)...*and* have the mindset NOT to indulge more...then I've won for the time being...:laugh: Spending the day at your granddaughter's birthday was soooo special. THANKS for sharing!! What I believe we are learning is HOW to portion...enjoy the moment with everyone...and leave it at that!! I have had my share of binging...which is NOT to say it won't happen again...but I remember the ill feeling afterward :laugh: ...and NOT willing (in this moment anyway) to go through that. :happy:

Have a WONDERFUL day, everyone!

Hugs and Smiles :drinker:
    Deb :heart:
  • Gran315
    Gran315 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone ... My day? First a physio appointment for my DH, to check on his hand movement after surgery, it's doing well. Then lunch, where I had to stick to a small green salad, so as not to upset my gall bladder.
    We then went shopping for a couple of gifts and some 2014 calendars, plus some socks for our youngest grands.
    On the way back home we dropped in to visit some friends we haven't seen for a while and enjoyed a couple of hours catching up on each other's news.
    Once we got home it was a beef stew for DH and steamed fish and vegetables for me.
    Then a lovely surprise .... a message from you, debilang, that was so kind of you. I looked at your profile to see where you were, to find you're not too far from where my daughter lives, 70 miles by road.
    Now, I'm settling down to my cross stitch for an hour or so whilst half watching/listening to TV.
    Hope you are all having a pleasant day.
  • Dottyb1940
    Dottyb1940 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Good morning all my friends, now on a winter vacation in Spain(Tenerife) find it easier to try and loose weight, always able to have a walk, very little if any rain, so feel very lucky, everybody as special people in there lives, family, friends, so do I . Enjoy your day everybody and keep up the good works, thanks for your message debs.
  • dianefisher47
    dianefisher47 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Have a nice trip and enjoy the nice weather...lucky Lady:flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Waving at ya Diane!! Hope that your day is going well :heart: .

Good for you, Dotty! How wonderful that you are taking a lovely winter vacation in Spain. Awesome that you will have opportunities to walk and to enjoy the beautiful weather and people, as well as whatever you have planned to do :happy: !

Gran315, Wishing your DH a speedy recovery after his hand surgery :flowerforyou: . Your steamed fish and vegetables sounds so very delicious :smile: .

Deb, learning portion control ... :tongue: ... putting the correct portion on the plate is *almost* the easier part for me, it is not getting seconds or stopping the continuing to nibble that is harder for me :noway: .

greattimes, what a wonderful NSV you received with the compliment from the person that you don't know from work :smile: ! That is a great inspiration to continue on. You go girl and pay no heed to the naysayers :laugh: , you continue on with getting healthy and acheiving your goals :flowerforyou: .

I am having a good day today. We are having RAIN!!! For us in these parts that is awesome as we have been in drought with little rain for the most part for several years. This morning I went to visit a sweet friend (from our Bible study group) who is at the rehab/nursing facility only to find out that last night she was transferred back to the hospital again :cry: . Waiting to hear from her daughter why. Our little group meets weekly in our homes and has ended up having women in our 60s & 70s right now. So some more sassy seniors... and believe me they are :laugh: .

DH just came home so I need to get his supper ready, so enjoy your evening :heart: .

Mary (not in my garden today) in Texas :flowerforyou:
  • greattimes
    greattimes Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Had a great day off went for a drive. Weather was beautiful with sunshine and warm. Had a taco salad and than to costco for a frozen yogurt. Can't resist the temptation when we are in town. But also rewarded myself with new jeans. My first size 6. Not bad when you consider I wore a tight size 20 a little over a year ago.
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    .......... But also rewarded myself with new jeans. My first size 6. Not bad when you consider I wore a tight size 20 a little over a year ago.

Wow, greattimes, you just had another NSV!! Now that is a wonderful reward :heart: .

:flowerforyou:
  • debilang
    Options
    Hi All...:flowerforyou: Glad to finally be able to post...been very busy with personal projects and of course taking are of my grandkids :happy:

I've been involved in planning my 45th HS reunion..amazing how time has flown! I've always been active from my high school days...and we decided to have a 5 year rather than a 10 year...just to see as many people who want to show.

I just ordered a book on how to groom my granddog, Phoebe who is a Standard Poodle. I am determined to learn, cause it costs $80 a groom. I bathed her at this doggy wash and I just got the bug. It is fun combing her out...she looks sooo pretty especially after her bath...(as I continue to ramble).

Tomorrow, I will interview a car club member as Spotlight in our Club Newsletter, then I will spend some time with my Sis...tomorrow will be fun, also.

*Greattimes* I agree with Mary in Texas that you had SUCH NSV's over the period you went from a size 20 to a size 6...WOW You gooooo girl :bigsmile:

**Mary (in Texas)**...you have SUCH lovely days...I appreciate rain when we get it...I've been loving our beautiful days...but Fall is in the air...and cooler weather. No sight of rain yet..so enjoying m walks with Phoebe :)

**Dotty**...Wow..visiting Spain is just WONDERFUL! Please share some of the highlights of your visit :happy:

**Gran315** THANK YOU for coming in and sharing...It has been 4 days since you posted, so I am hoping your DH's mobilization is doing well. What wonderful days to spend shopping and then visiting with friends. Glad you are here. I definitely always pick up small things for my grandkids, too...they are special!

Glad to "see" everyone...take care...and ENJOY your week-end...

Hugs and Smiles
    Deb:heart:
  • debilang
    Options
    Hi Everyone, sorry for not being around lately...I have just been soooo busy and TIRED! :smile: When I babysit my grandkids, I have to leave sooo early in the morning (there at 5:45 am) and if I did not get enough rest, I am very grouchy and tired. Anyway, I *did* get enough rest last night, and returned to babysit this morning. I *did* have a *new attitude* :laugh: AMAZING was sleep can do!

I got my eyes checked because I was seeing flashing lights in my peripheral vision for about a month. When I started seeing it in my right eye..I thought, I am gonna get my eyes checked. Glad I did. Now I am at ease. I don't have cataracts, so just need to keep my eyes shaded with sunglasses in the sun.

My grandkids are as precocious as always. I am here not typing while they are napping wishing I could nap, too. :) I will get a cat nap tonight.

Just saying HI. I will walk Phoebe my granddog before going home. She is sooo used to me taking her for a walk, She gets sooo excited when I stand up to leave...:laugh:

Have a grrreat day, Everyone :)