Need a reminder - Do I have to change TDEE with loss or gain

Options
sassiebritches
sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
I cannot remember this. When I started 14 weeks ago I was 236lbs. I started my reset based on that TDEE, now I am 255lbs.....do I do my cut based on 236 or 255? I think Anita said keep it based on my 236.....right? I start cut tomorrow!!

Replies

• sassiebritches
    Options
    Did my scooby and I think I got my answer. At 236 my TDEE is the 2467cals I have been eating. The scooby thinks I should eat 1963cals for cut, But now I am dropping 200 to start. My TDEE at 255 is 2580cals, the scooby thinks at that I should be down to a 2064cals cut. Anita mentioned going down only 200......so I am guessing I need to just do it based off of my 236lbs TDEE , not the additional 20 lbs I gained. I think I got my answer :)
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    It is generally recommended that you re-calculate your TDEE every 5 pounds gained or lost, or whenever there is a significant change in activity level...
  • sassiebritches
    Options
    Ok, but I set my TDEE back to the original (before mishap) which was based off my 236 lbs. I have been eating at that for 2 weeks and stable, so today I am going to just cut down from 2467 to 2200 instead. If I ate at the TDEE from my gain (236 to 255) then I need to be eating 2300 ish cals for cut. Also I think I am gonna add in a 10 min cardio along with my strength training....that will not change my activity level much. as it is still light. I guess now with the cut it is just time to find the sweet spot right?
    It is generally recommended that you re-calculate your TDEE every 5 pounds gained or lost, or whenever there is a significant change in activity level...
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I'll suggest if you are basing the TDEE on Katch BMR based on bodyfat%, since with exercise you might see more inches lost than pounds at first, measure every 2 weeks to see if BMR changed enough to change the TDEE much.