Eat Smart - Michi's Ladder Challenge

Options
Dawn_Snowden
Dawn_Snowden Posts: 111 Member
Michi's Ladder provides a way to readjust your diet plan. It categorizes foods into 5 Tiers. The higher the tier, the better the food.

This week, challenge yourself to replace 1 food a day with a Tier 1 or Tier 2 food in Michi's Ladder.

You can find Michi's Ladder on the Beachbody website. If you do not already have a FREE account at Beachbody, you can go here and sign up:

http://www.beachbodycoach.com/DawnSnowden

Click JOIN then FREE Membership.

Michi's Ladder is under the tab EAT SMART on the Beachbody site.

Post what food you have replaced. :)

Replies

• alizab223
    Options
    I loved this, thank you for posting!

Any idea why almond milk would be Tier 3 and 1% milk Tier 2? I switched from having a cup of 1% milk with a fruit as an afternoon snack, to having a cup of almond milk and a piece of fruit- less sugar (which is a big deal because I am eating it together with fruit which has more than enough sugar), less calories, less carbs...

What do you think?
  • Dawn_Snowden
    Options
    I never really noticed that. I, too, have been using unsweetened almond milk a lot. I am presuming it is because almond milk has fewer grams of protein and more grams of fat in comparison to 1% milk.
  • ChetThaker
    ChetThaker Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I spotted the same thing so glad you asked. I'm sticking to Unsweetened Almond Milk :-)

However I am switching from flavoured Oatmeal to plain Oatmeal.
  • alizab223
    Options
    Thanks for your reply Dawn :)

Chet- definitely plain over flavored- and go with the Original kind, not instant! I have mine with a little bit of date syrup to give it some flavor... yum :)
  • Dawn_Snowden
    Options
    I saw a recipe for Pumpkin oatmeal where they added pumpkin puree (canned unsweetened pumpkin), maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, and walnuts. Sounded GREAT!