Concept II Competitions and Online LogBook...

Options
CrankyGoat
CrankyGoat Posts: 19 Member
Wow - great group of folks here, good to see fellow rowing enthusiasts. There are many of you who also appear active on the Concept II User Website and, as such, thought it may be appropriated to start a pinned topic thread for you to discuss further. Although I have used the Concept II online dashboard, I tend to stick to my RunKeeper and MFP for logging workouts. With that said, Concept II's Online LogBook is awesome for seeing how you stand against other rowers around the globe - it IS a lot of fun and makes for great friendly competition. For those of you who are Concept II users and have not accessed their website yet, the web link is as follows (or simply Google "Concept II Logbook"):

http://log.concept2.com/log_start.asp?p=/log.asp

The Concept II (or Concept2) Story

Concept II got its start in 1976 in the back of a bread truck when Pete Dreissigacker and partner, fresh from Olympic training, started making composite racing oars—now the oar of choice among the world's rowers. They went on to create the Concept II Indoor Rower, now used worldwide by Olympic athletes, cardiac rehab patients and every caliber of rower in between.

The BIG advantage Concept II users have over most other indoor rowers is the companies overall dedication and commitment to the sport. Concept II offers the Online ranking, an amazing database of well over 10,000 active rowers all over the world, a personal online logbook for tracking your rowing workouts, an online training forum, online Workout of the Day, rowing software, marathon rowing, rowing challenges with prizes and acknowledgment at the end, and distance clubs with incentive prizes. Concept II's technical support can't be beat. They offer in-house rower and oar service technicians, technical support at major worldwide rowing events and the C.R.A.S.H.-B.s, and video mail-in technique critique. Their website also offers a host of literature, free for the asking, in order to help their customers achieve their fitness goals.