Logging, Holidays & Parties

Hi everyone! There has been some great conversations (starting weigh-in & week 1 challenge topic) about logging, eating right during the holidays and at parties. So I thought that maybe it should have it's own topic.

Please share tips for:
Everyday logging in a busy world
How do you eat healthy during the holidays and at parties.

Thanks!

Replies

• mfclingan
    mfclingan Posts: 158 Member
    I've done two routes to navigate holidays/parties and heavy eating events.

One I plan ahead....this is things such as
    *have a smaller plate than the normal dinner plate
    * make sure that I set the table and have the healthy items sitting near me versus the high fat content items
    * offer to bring a dish or two...that way I know there is something that I can eat.
    *Big cookie making days.....I keep gum in my mouth. I plan ahead what cookie I will allow myself to eat. I chew my gum right until I set out to eat that warm ooey gooey cookie of goodness and then I immediately pop a new piece of gum in my mouth.....
    * Track your food at a holiday meal (where you pretty much know what will be on the menu) BEFORE you sit down to eat. And STICK TO IT!

The other route I take.....EXERCISE. There have been Christmas mornings where I open gifts with the family and then take a long run around my parents end of town. I eat dinner then go out for another walk/run. It isn't the best option...but sometimes that's the way life is, just trying to minimize the 'damage'.
  • momofrugrats
    momofrugrats Posts: 30 Member
    For holidays and parties I plan to just enjoy myself, have my favorite food in moderation and exercise, exercise, exercise
  • AZRunnerGirlinErie
    AZRunnerGirlinErie Posts: 98 Member
    These are some great suggestions! Thanks!