DAILY CHECK IN-October 15th

Options
mlogantra76
mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
I'm excited to do my training run in daylight in town today since I'm off. My city built a 2.75 mile(5.5 mile out and back) bypass in town and besides helping with traffic, a lot of people use it for running. There are wide sidewalks, an overpass that provides incline, and enough traffic at the time I'm running so I'll feel safe. There are very very few intersections so no traffic to watch for when I'm running. If only there were a bathroom:) Then, I'm headed to the gym for my strength training class.

Noticed a twinge in my hurt ankle/foot when I was to do side steps and jumping jacks in my exercise class yesterday. Not really painful though just "there". I just modified it and ran in place.

Replies

• jesserunsfree
    jesserunsfree Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Today I put in my 7 miles. After mile 3, maybe 4, it all felt the same. It became an amazingly peaceful run and i found my zone finally. I am still noticing some pain in my hip and knee joint on my left side. Hoping in time that will fade. By pain its only every once in a while, I made sure not to push my pace today, just to enjoy the scenes and my audiobook as the miles passed on :D
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Just over 6miles at 7.33min mile (8mph) pace. That's it until sunday
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Went to the gym and my least favorite instructor was there teaching the 5:30 class - it was rainy out so I jumped on the elliptical and set it to interval - the incline went up to 20!!!! I did 45 min and just about 3 miles it felt good!!!! what a difference speed makes with an incline!
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Hey, maybe we should make a weekly thread?

I did a repeat of Tuesday's run on Wednesday. 5.5 mile run on a bypass. Out and back including an overpass that provides some elevation. Really enjoyed the route again. So much so, I'm thinking of moving two of my morning training runs to after school so I can run there! No running today as tomorrow is my 5k race. I am going to do a Muscleworks class though.