Protein

Options
lckunz
lckunz Posts: 56 Member
I find it difficult sometimes to get enough protein, and to find varied sources. Eggs are an excellent source, nuts are great, beans here and there. I found a vegetable sausage patty at COSTCO that is good and easy to prepare in the microwave. Guess sometimes I just want the protein to be as easy as pouring a bowl of cereal. But when I include protein with every meal, it keeps the cravings for sweets and other carbs down.

Replies

• ksmartbraden
    Options
    That is great to learn about that sausage from costco...
    What is your target grams for protein per day ? I'm adding a hemp protein powder Jessica suggested, and that is doubling my protein for the day... but I'm still about 100 to 80 gm short of what Myfitnesspal suggests. ??? any thoughts on this ?
  • elflaconcito
    elflaconcito Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree with the eggs. I eat both egg whites and nuts most days!
  • walkinthedogs
    walkinthedogs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you Lori. It's hard to get it all in, without a lot of work. Chicken is also a great way to get protein without a lot of calories and of course my favorite yogurt in the world, Siggi's has great protein to calorie ratio and no artificial sweeteners, which is a big plus for me. I know a lot of people don't care about the artificial sweeteners, but I'd rather not eat it if I can help it. I add about 10 grams of chopped walnuts to up the protein count, of course that also ups the calories. Cheese is a good easy source too. I think it's hard to get it all in without overloading on the calories.