Hello, Other Atkins People! =^x^=

Options
LavaDoll
LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
hi!

i am on Day 145 of Atkins, Day 55 of Phase Two.
i am following this plan under the care of my endo physician who treats me for my thyroid malfunction - hypothyroidism.

i remained on Induction for 90 days, am on Phase Two for 60, then I go back to Induction for another 60.

i weigh in and report on fridays, and i am happy to say that after 20 weeks of Atkins, i am smaller than i have been in a great while and am finding it a bit surreal as it is happening so quickly. <funny, i say that, and there are times when it feels like each next fraction of a # to lose takes *f o r e v e r* to accomplish.>

anywho, i do not have any friends who are doing the Atkins plan [although several are paleo or keto - similar, but not the same] and thought it would be nice to know some people who are in the same boat as myself.

i am very pleased with the success i am having, and am excited about reaching the goals my doctor and i have have set for myself to achieve, and even more excited about surpassing those goals and achieving new ones beyond my current comprehension for what could be possible for me.

so...hi!

=^x^=

Replies

• CaptainPaul504
    CaptainPaul504 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks For Sharing!!
  • Akeria1
    Akeria1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi lava 1971. You are doing awesome!! I am inspired everyday to keep going by everyone's stories! Feel free to add me if you would like!! :)
  • browneyedgirl7928
    browneyedgirl7928 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Hi All. I'm Kristi and I am looking to start Atkins tomorrow. I want to be down a few pounds before Halloween and well, get this last 30-40 pounds off before next year's Halloween. I've tried different plans, but found that I lose the most weight when I eat more protein. I workout quite a bit. Been on Medifast for the last few months and they don't encourage working out. I hate that and want to get back to weight lifting again besides cardio.

I went grocery shopping today and bought no carb snacks, cheese, lean meats, etc.

It'll be hard giving up rice and bread. I'm half Thai and I have been eating white rice since I was a baby. Pasta won't be so hard since I don't eat it often.

Weight has been a struggle most of my life. I've had Lupus since I was 10 (predinsone is the drug of choice to treat it) and gained massive amounts of weight throughout my life when it was active. I've been in remission for 10 years now so it's a good time to get this extra weight off. I was paralyzed at 15 so sitting all day doesn't help with taking off the pounds either. Lucky for me there is an accessible gym here with a lot of equipment and trainers to help. Get a good workout and socialize a bit too.

Looking forward to meeting others on Atkins, how you are doing on it and any tips you may want to offer.
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you, I to have been doing atkins for long term, since February of this year, I do it for my type 2 diabties , its sure has been helping with that, SO happy to hear its helping with your health, keep it up
  • Kade6685
    Kade6685 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Lava - Congrats on your success :)
  • JenelleLyne57
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Butterfly2022MD
    Butterfly2022MD Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it off and on and since May . I started at 188 and i got as low as 176. i never went back any higher than 185. i am now at about 180. I'd like to get back to 155 and 25% body fat.
  • penguin817
    Options
    Was watching the morning show and Drew Carey said he lost all his weight doing Atkins and has kept it off for 3 years. Sharon Osborn also did Atkins.