Recipes

Options
Kati0427
Kati0427 Posts: 66 Member
So I thought I'd start a new topic where we can share any great healthy recipes we've tried. I am trying to eat as clean as possible, but sometimes chicken, fish and veggies just get boring! I tried a new dessert tonight that I thought was pretty tasty. It has about 190 calories and is packed with protein.

It was kind of like a chocolate peanut butter pudding!

I used 1/2 cup of non-fat plain Greek yogurt, 1 tbs natural peanut butter (you could probably use PB2 as a substitute for even fewer calories, and 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder (I use Dream Protein chocolate because it is very low in calories and carbs), and 1 packet of Stevia. Mixed it up in my food processor and was pretty good! :happy:

Replies

• aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to throw in my marinara sauce recipe. I've been making this for a few years now and it's a great all purpose red sauce. I make a huge batch and freeze it.

2 large cans of Tomatoes or 15 or so fresh, peeled tomatoes
    2 peeled and choped Carrots
    2 chopped Onions
    2 crushed Garlic Cloves
    2 Anchovy Fillets (or 1 tsp Anchovy Paste)
    1 12 oz can Tomato Paste
    2 cups Chicken Broth
    2 cups White Wine
    1 tsp dried Tarragon
    Salt and Pepper

Saute the onions and carrots over medium heat for 15-20 minutes until onions are caramelized and carrots are soft. Add the garlic and saute for another minute. Add the rest of the ingredients (except the tarragon, salt and pepper) and simmer for 1/2 an hour. Smooth to desired consistency with a stick blender and add tarragon, salt and pepper to taste. Makes a little over a gallon (usually).
  • Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I have a recipe book that is full of healthy delicious recipes. As I try one I really enjoy

I will add them on here. Thanks for sharing they sound delicious.
  • Kati0427
    Kati0427 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Aqua - That sauce sounds AMAZING! I can't wait to try it out. Thanks so much for the post!

Meli - Can't wait to see some of the recipes from your book. I am going to go to the bookstore this weekend and try to find something to where I can make quick, simple but yummy recipes that are healthy living friendly. Great idea!
  • Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Here is a recipe I love from the looney spoons book. The names are all puns:)
    Chili chili bang bang( spivey,stew like, vegetarian chili)

1 tbsp olive oil
    1 1/4 chopped onion
    1 cup each chopped green and red pepper
    3/4 cup each chopped celery and carrots
    1 tbsp of minced garlic
    1 cup diced zucchini
    1 tbsp each chili powder and ground cumin
    1 1/2 tsp each dried oregano and dried basil
    1can (28oz/ 796g) no salt added diced tomatoes drained
    1can (19oz/540g) no salt added black beans drained and rinsed
    1can (19oz/540g) no salt added chickpeas, drained and rinsed
    1 can(12oz/340g) no salt added whole kernel corn, undrained
    1/2 tsp cayenne pepper( or to taste)
    1/2 tsp sal
    2 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
    1 1/2 cups quartered mushrooms
    Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions, green and red peppers, celery, carrots and garlic. Cook and stir until veggies begin to soften, about 5 or 6 minutes.

Add mushrooms and zucchini. Cook and stir for 4 more minutes. Add chili powder cumin oregano and basil. Cook for 1 more minute. Add tomatoes beans chickpeas corn cayenne pepper and salt. Mix well. Brig to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 20 mins. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.

Of course you can play with the spices if you want. The best part is that these recipes are in Mfp database.

Makes 8 servings
    212 calories
    3.7 g of fat
    0.5g sat fat
    9 G protein
    36 g carbs
    10.3 g Fiber
    0 mg cholesterol
    246 mg sodium