My first 5k

Options
CherylP67
CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
My first running 5k is next Tuesday. It's a Halloween theme and it benefits the hospital I work at. It's pretty big for around here, usually around 3000 runners.

Last years male winner ran it in 15:27, the female winner in 19:12. I looked up my results and I completed it in 41:21 in 2010, that was probably the second or third time I tried to complete c25k. I was actually surprised with my time, I thought it was pretty good for a run/walk, I even finished ahead of almost 900 people. I'm excited to see my time this year.

I've decided to dress up and will post pics of my costume. My costume includes pinning defluffed stuffed animals to me, I think I'll go to goodwill and get some beanie babies. As runners, do you think it would be easier to pin them to my shirt or my pants? I want to do well in the run, and I don't want to regret having beanie baby carcasses flailing around.

I'm going to be road kill. I'm going to wear all black and use yellow duct tape to put 2 stripes up my front and back like the lines in a road. I will then pin 1 animal on my front and one on my back. I realize this is an off color costume, but road kill is something all runners encounter.

Replies

• rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Pin them where ever you want! Just make sure that the pins won't rub or you could get some nasty chaffing in the area.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Just do what the marathoners do: test it out on a practice run.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I love the costume idea!

I'd use extra pins to make sure they don't flail too much.