Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Starting again

inlovebb
inlovebb Posts: 1 Member
Hello! I started dukan diet today after a 2 month pause. Need some motivation from people on the attack or cruise.

Replies

• stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Hi!
  • sisdunbar
    sisdunbar Posts: 36 Member
    Hello! I started dukan diet today after a 2 month pause. Need some motivation from people on the attack or cruise.

Hi there! How's the restart going? I came off it for probably about a year and have gained half a stone. Starting again today!! Did you start from the attack again? I'm sure Dr Dukan says not to but I want to just clear all the crap I've been eating lately! How many days did you do, if you did?
  • melham1
    melham1 Posts: 10 Member

Hello! I restarted today. I need to lose about 30 lbs....le sigh...BUT I am looking forward to feeling good again :)
    Website says I only need to do 3 days of attack but I think I will do 5.

Looking forward to being inspired by y'all!

7521211.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Hanni
    Hanni Posts: 158 Member
    Hi!

I am in the Attack Phase. Have started last Wednesday and lost 9 lbs. I realised yesterday (not late or anything!!) that I made mistakes though and I ate cheese!!! :noway: I think I got confused with Atkins, uh oh. I went for the lower fat versions but I think other than non-fat cheese no cheese is actually allowed. I had reduced fat feta cheese for a bit of a different taste other than roast chicken most days but I think that is still too high in fat content. I was supposed to finish Attack today after 7 days but I think I will keep going now 'til the end of this week and stay away from cheese completely just to make sure I am setting myself up properly for Cruise Phase.9 lb not too bad though. When I started this it calculated that I should lose 54 lbs.

I have to say though that I am so excited about this. I feel incredibly well... Just amazing.

sisdunbar, I think if I was in your place I would also just do Attack again just like you plan to. Im sure it is best to just get rid of everything and have a fresh start. Good luck!

x
  • melham1
    melham1 Posts: 10 Member
    [Hanni, for some reason I feel like the book said reduced fat cheese is ok....Am I wrong? Because if I am......oops.

When I did this diet in 2011 I lost a bunch of weight and I definitely ate reduced fat cheese.

9lbs Hanni! That is so good.

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]7521211.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • loendue
    loendue Posts: 3 Member
    Hey guys, I started the Dukan diet today and I am going to do the attack phase until saturday. I think its gonna be hard but I can do it if I stay motivated! Was the attack phase the hardest for you as well?
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Oh shoot I am back! Have to wait until the weekend to start attack again since I need to go shopping!

Consolidation is harder than it looks. I had some bad family news so I spent the last week with my head in a cookie bag and a drink in my hand. I'm only human!!! So I gained a few back, but I will not let stress be the excuse that is my undoing!!!

Hardest part of consol was that once I eat bread, I get very hungry. I don't think bread is my friend, I will replace it with beans or nuts as I know I metabolize that better. I just got lost on what to eat, it became so complicated. Oh yah and the freakin holiday cookies lol.
  • learysp
    learysp Posts: 3 Member
    I'm struggling to get enough calories in! It takes time to cook the meat so i tend to wander off and not eat anything. I'm sitting here at work trying to find another 400 calories to eat!
  • Hii! I'm restarting the dukan diet too! This time I'm going until the end! :)
  • bubbaopus
    bubbaopus Posts: 3 Member
    My wife and I started Nov 11th. Up until Christmas Eve, were doing great. Actually made it through Thanksgiving with no increase. Took a two day hiatus... Paid the price. Net loss so far is 29 lbs. We're doing a few days of pure protein to compensate, then back into Cruisin'!
    My wife target is Mid-May, while I get to endure Summer in TX with no beer or BBQ... Goal is to drop 105lbs...
  • bubbaopus
    Learysp, as the book says, don't focus on the calories, but on the diet.
    If you can, cook several chicken breasts so they are available. Hard boil eggs.
    I buy a monster pork loin roast, clean it up (get rid of the obvious fat), slice it, brine it (lower sodium than a normal brine), then either grill or under the broiler.
    If you're hunger, then you've not taken enough in. Am right there right now. Time for an egg!
    Cheers!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I am on stage 4 and beyond, but am starting year #3. I am very glad I went through all three levels and counted calories and continue to follow the Dukan plan. The big one that I have implemented is NEVER get "seconds"...

Hang in there!
  • bubbaopus
    The seconds thing is a tough one... We're trying to focus on that as well... I just get a larger cup for H2O