Pre op completed

Agate69
Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
Pre op physical completed! Three years post RNY , I am very healthy according to PREOP and am ready to roll into plastic surgery to get rid of some excess skin. Reg doc can not hardly believe the changes that have occurred, A1C I like I was never a diabetic, cholesterol , triglycerides, liver function, all like a healthy person. Surgery is a go, for Halloween.

Replies

• rubisliprz
    rubisliprz Posts: 139 Member
    What an inspiration... and many years of continuing success!
  • sashahanrahan
    sashahanrahan Posts: 42 Member
    Congrats! That's fantastic!:smile:
  • You are an inspiration....let us know how things go. I'd love to see before and after pictures??
  • DebbysJourney
    DebbysJourney Posts: 82 Member
    Congratulations!! Very inspirational for me since I'm just 3 days post-op and still in the gained, swollen stage. And what is A1C? Be sure to give an update when it's over. :)
  • janisbirch
    janisbirch Posts: 51 Member
    Wow, that's amazing, and such an inspiration you are for all of us. Keep it going!! :flowerforyou:
  • Agate69
    Congratulations!! Very inspirational for me since I'm just 3 days post-op and still in the gained, swollen stage. And what is A1C? Be sure to give an update when it's over. :)

A1C is the measure of blood glucose over the past 30 days, rather than the amount of blood sugar in yor system at the current time (finger stick with home glucose meter. Non diabetic people runA1C between 4-5. Pre diabetic a little higher and so on.
  • Agate69
    I do not know how to post pics,
    But to give you newbies an Ida of great things to come

Was 4x top,now med to large to get them long enough to cover belly skin
    Size 28 pants now a petite 12 and doc says will definitely be smaller
    Ring size 8-9, now just had my rings resized for 3rd time to a 5 1/2
    Shoe sie dropped two sizes
    Airplane and car seat belts fit comfortably. Did you know most auto seat belts do not work well for obese people?
    Problems, I forget to eat.
    Today I worked steadily in garden, doing clean up for 5 hours, energy to burn!
    Now I can not wait for the next change, loose the belly skin that is always in the way when exercising.

THANKS FOR ALL THE WARM WISHES.

You all will make it through the post op gas, the pre op jitters, and the liquid diet. My best advice walk walk walk and protein. I am getting ready to do both. Again after surgery. I will need mega protein to heal quick!
  • Thank you so much for sharing your changes... it is really encouraging to see the number changes in clothing, etc.

I was a bit discouraged at my last nutrition appointment pre-surgery. They set my "goal weight" at 205. I am already down to 279 from 316 last December without surgery. I was hoping to go down much lower than 205 with surgery!! I guess that I need to just forget the numbers and work the program...

I'm only 5 foot so I don't quite understand the 205 goal weight unless they don't want me to get too focused on a huge weight loss right now.
  • Agate69
    Thank you so much for sharing your changes... it is really encouraging to see the number changes in clothing, etc.

I was a bit discouraged at my last nutrition appointment pre-surgery. They set my "goal weight" at 205. I am already down to 279 from 316 last December without surgery. I was hoping to go down much lower than 205 with surgery!! I guess that I need to just forget the numbers and work the program...

I'm only 5 foot so I don't quite understand the 205 goal weight unless they don't want me to get too focused on a huge weight loss right now.

Success is usually defined as a percentage of your excess weight. Not many people are projected to loose 100% of excess weight. I lost 90% of excess weight and I am still obese. I too am short and normal body weight is is about 130. What I weighed when I was 18. I was 300+ pounds and now weigh 170 and feel terrific. With excess skin removal I hope to weigh a little less.

The docs tell me weight is what can do, not the number on a scale. Believe
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member

A1C is the measure of blood glucose over the past 30 days, rather than the amount of blood sugar in yor system at the current time (finger stick with home glucose meter. Non diabetic people runA1C between 4-5. Pre diabetic a little higher and so on.

The A1C is actually a test that shows the average blood glucose level over the past 90 days, not 30. As a type I diabetic on an insulin pump I am more than familiar with this. Have been diabetic for 30 years and have had my A1C tested every 3 months for the last 20. While the surgery can't make type I diabetes go away, it sure did improve. I have gone down from 155+ units per day via the pump to under 25 units and my A1C has gone down from about 7.5 over a 3 month period to a 6. As a type 1, endocrinologists want to see levels below 7 and a 6 is perfect.

Glad that you are doing well and are able to have the skin removal While that will not be in the future for me due to cost, I am happy (more than!) to be very close to my teenage weight at almost 45 years old. I want to get to about 130, but 138 is a far cry from the 246 I was before my surgery.

Oh, I lost 100% of my excess weight within 8 months of my surgery date. The weight I am working on will get my to the lower end of the BMI scale.