Newbie to the group today

Options
zacksnana
zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
I am going out of my mind with boredom!

Finally decided to search MFP for a group of similar aged women to connect with.

My husband works nights. I watch my daughters children during the day - for the past 5 years - and have not stayed connected with old work friends.

When i saw the thread on menopause i decided i could be at home here! I can relate to most of the symptoms! I am 57 pushing 58 in a few months.

I was doing amazing with working out to Jillian Michaels last year and eating amazing then life struck the family with cancer, death, leg amputation of another family member, then the second leg, then another death, then more drama on drama and i lost my focus.

I have finally gotten my eating back under control and am trying to get back into working out.

Anyone who likes to chat let me know. I can stop twiddling my thumbs long enough to respond. ????

Replies

• ruthlesswr
    ruthlesswr Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I'm not super chatty, but I do log on every day so feel free to add me! I check the boards less often than I just look at my home page.
    Ruth
  • sjsmith9
    sjsmith9 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I just recently joined also. Not real chatty. Log my food everyday but mostly do my board checking in the am. That may change with colder weather and less daylight.
  • suemichele
    suemichele Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I try to log on everyday usually in the am and then again in the evening. Feel free to add me if you like!
  • Tigerbell1221
    Options
    Hello, I'm fairly new also. Feel free to friend me for support. So sorry to hear about all of the crisis in the family. Hope things are settling down. It is so hard to stay on a healthy program when your life is topsy turvy. I think you will start to feel better and maybe want to get out more now since you are getting back in the groove of things. You still have so many years to get out and enjoy things to the fullest. Being healthy gives you the endurance and energy to have fun as well as withstand difficulties as they come along. Nice meeting you!
  • arctvc
    arctvc Posts: 23
    Options
    Hello and welcome;

I generally sign on when I get up in the morning and stay on until my last meal of the day.

Getting with a new life style can be challenging especially when the unexpected happen in our lives.

I not a real chatter box on here but if you like you can add me