For Real People

Options
Hello all!
I am looking for Real people who are living a Real life. I am an admitted food addict. I am on over compulsive emotional eater. I love food! I am not a picky eater and I can appreciate trying new things.... So needless to say I have struggled most of my life with my "ideal" weight. It has not been until the last couple years that I have come to the conclusion that I was created the way I am to enjoy life and food BUT that is not an excuse to be unhealthy!!! I am not looking for fad diets or quick weight loss. I am not looking to deprive or starve myself. I am simply looking for a way to balance everything. I hope that in this group I can find others of a like mind. I want to encourage one another to strive to be healthy and not perfect. To be happy in the skin we were given and to love ourselves!
Thanks for creating this group! Looking forward to meeting new people with like minded goals.

Replies

• glitzy196
    glitzy196 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    i'm totally in---

i'm not so much an addict as i have portion control problems. I am on a 70 lb challenge journey 1 oz at a time.
  • Kass0708
    Kass0708 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am an emotional/boredom binge eater and I am really struggling with it. I do so good for awhile but then I crash for a week. I am trying to just get healthy. I do not want to be a certain size just because society thinks and says I have to do. I want to just relatively get healthy but I also want to be confident in myself and I just am finding it really hard and it sucks because it affects so much. So, I am glad this group came up because I am a real problem and I do not just want a quick fix I want the real deal. I want to get healthy and stay healthy.
  • MaryMBacon
    MaryMBacon Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. I started the group, and my blog for this very reason. Fed up with before and after photos using photoshop, How can we look like that supermodel when the super- model doesn't even look like that? We can't but, that's ok. Real people weight loss is for us real people.