Booty Building

Options
Ladies,
Like most of you here, I'm considering making a commitment to do a bikini comp. I'm giving myself 6 weeks to see if I have the personal discipline to watch my macro nutrients, drink water and dedicate the time to lifting. I have 4 weeks left to decide then signup for a spring comp.

Question: Glutes.....what are some of your favorite exercises to increase the size? Squats, single leg squats, dead lifts, leg curls...got those down but looking for other booty building ideas. Thanks!

Replies

• Annaruthus
    Annaruthus Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Stiff Legged Deadlifts
    Barbell Squats
    Single Leg Romanian Deadlift
    Single Leg Bulgarian Split Squats
    Barbell Hip Thrust
    Barbell Glute Bridge

These make up the majority of my leg workouts each week. I've seen great growth in the last 6 months :-)
  • temple_n
    temple_n Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ruthie! I was wondering the same thing. My goal for this winter is to build a new bootay!!! I've never really had one so I'm excited!
  • casstaylor13
    Options
    Thank you!
  • jodi41086
    Options
    Stiff Legged Deadlifts
    Barbell Squats
    Single Leg Romanian Deadlift
    Single Leg Bulgarian Split Squats
    Barbell Hip Thrust
    Barbell Glute Bridge

These make up the majority of my leg workouts each week. I've seen great growth in the last 6 months :-)

Great ones!!! Romanian Deadlifts are some of my fav
  • sharontsmiles
    sharontsmiles Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you Annaruthus :)
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    arabesque hold, sprints, bridges, kicks, reverse torso lifts, reverse lunges, skater jumps and step ups.

anyone else getting annoyed at all of the bb sites and facebook fitness feeds that show women with obvious plastic surgery (like the brazilian butt lift) as examples of women who squat? What a fkn lie! Squats don't grow the booty at all. Pisses me off that so many barbie doll fake girls claim that they work their booty when they obviously don't.
  • woodml1
    woodml1 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm super late to the party with this one but... I love complex training for lower body, I use this technique every time I'm about to go out of town and know I won't be able to get a workout in. It tears me up every time and I always need a few days off from legs and cardio to fully recover.

Complex training super sets a traditional strength training exercise with a plyometric exercise that targets the same muscle group. I usually match rep for rep but whatever gets you to failure works. The technique is a great way to overload your muscles, Sometimes I'll throw in just one complex training superset into a normal leg day for a little umph!

Super-sets I use include: Back Squat + Prisoner Squat Jumps, Walking lunges + plyo split squats, cross over step ups + ice skaters, Deadlifts + Burpies (explode off the floor to jump),
  • CJewel22
    CJewel22 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Cable kickbacks have worked MIRACLES on my backside. That and squats, lunges (curtsey are my favorite), hip abduction machine and using the stair master or walking at an incline on the treadmill
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I agree with cable kick backs! And super set that glute workout for sure. I never do leg day on glute day. For booty training I focus only on the glutes/lower body, and inner legs. It takes too much time and focus for me to do anything else. I focus on exercises to keep my booty round, I focus on preventing box butt!

I need help... getting my booty jacked up on booty workout day is tougher and tougher... I don't want to constantly wear a weight vest. I'm at the point that holding barbell/dumbbells are too heavy.

I'm going to get myself some lifting hooks so I can hold onto heavier.

Any ladies recommend a small pair of lifting hooks? I have very tiny hands.
  • gymgirl541
    gymgirl541 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Banded hip thrusts have increased my glutes a ton! I recommend Bret Contreres aka the glute guy... He's very active in Facebook and had tons of YouTube videos