Symptoms

Options
So what symptoms tipped you off to this great change in your life? What are you feeling now?

Rant away!!! :wink:

ETA:

I knew when my basal body temp didn't drop and TOM never decided to make his appearance. Then of course there were the three positive tests....

Right now I'm feeling nauseous in the morning and am inhaling carbs like they're going out of style. I have to fill up my quota of protein and fats in the early evening. I get nauseous in the evening as well though so I have to eat within that shrinking window if I want to get enough calories in. I'm getting mild cramps (which I've looked up and they appear to be normal, phew!). And the classic bras not quite fitting right.

Replies

• IndianMuslim
    Options
    Weight gain! I gained about 8 lbs since August and no matter how hard I worked out, I couldn't lose the weight :/

I'm taking a break from heavy workouts until after my doctor appt and ultrasound....just to be on the safe side.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    Weight gain! I gained about 8 lbs since August and no matter how hard I worked out, I couldn't lose the weight :/

I'm taking a break from heavy workouts until after my doctor appt and ultrasound....just to be on the safe side.

Oh no! I (sort of) had something along the same lines. My weight wouldn't budge even though I was actively trying to lose! I'm glad I didn't now though. :)

Sounds like a good idea for the heavy workouts. I had just taken up lifting so I dropped that, but I'm continuing with water fit classes and walk/running. :)
  • amyjpage
    amyjpage Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    We were actively trying to conceive, so when my period did not arrive, we waited 4 days and took a home test - positive! YAY!

I have been lucky (so far) (knock on wood) and have not experienced much in the way of not fun symptoms. More tired than normal, and yesterday I was almost in tears I was so exhausted (thankfully, today is much much better). Oh, and waking up in the night 3 times to pee is driving me crazy!! I am going to bed much earlier and sleeping every minute possible in the mornings.

My skin is clear, my nails have started growing and I've been bloated every evening for the last 3 weeks LOL!

My bras are quickly not fitting, and I am wearing a cotton sports bra to bed every night as my breasts are very sore and very sensitive right now.

My weight has not changed (yet) but I am sure that will change quickly!
  • IndianMuslim
    Options
    Yes definitely get as much sleep as you possibly can Amy! My "sleeping in" on the weekends is 9 AM and that's only if the hubby agrees to let me.

I am a napper during the day (which I can't do while working)...but I'm only working for another month. My last day is November 22nd. I am looking forward to staying at home again and spending some time with my 4-year-old. It won't be long until he becomes the middle child and I really want to give him some much needed attention before then.

Oh another symptom I had....I threw up after a day at Six Flags. Thought it was because of the roller coasters, but now I know there was another reason ;-)
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    With my first I was throwing up morning, noon and night from week 6 to week 14. The heartburn lasted throughout my entire pregnancy. So far with number two, I have already got the heartburn and queasiness on and off all day:/
  • Lady_Lamb
    Lady_Lamb Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Blerg! Woke up super queasy today. And I have super smelling powers! The smell of my boyfriend this morning almost made me puke!
  • LuluA85
    LuluA85 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Haha! My sense of smell has gone bonkers today too! No MS as yet, but I had it from wks 6-14 last time round, so hoping that doesn't happen again.

No sore boobs (didn't get that last time at all either).

Weeing for Britain.

That's it for now!
  • usernameMAMA
    Options
    Oh, I also get the worst case of jimmy legs when trying to go to sleep at night!
  • Lady_Lamb
    Lady_Lamb Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I get the jimmy legs too! I make my boyfriend massage my ankles before I go to sleep. Oh, and my boobs are killing me!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    Oh no! I'm hoping I don't get the super smell! haha, I'm not sure I could handle that! :) So far so good I guess!

I'm starting to get used to being more tired than usual and my sleeping times are growing longer to keep up.
  • IndianMuslim
    Options
    Ugh I'm hating this morning sickness. I haven't vomited at all today, but the nauseous feeling is there. I hope I can keep my food down today :/
  • amyjpage
    Options
    what are jimmy legs?
  • IndianMuslim
    Options
    I think they're similar to restless leg syndrome. I remember having that with my firstborn. It's not fun!
  • usernameMAMA
    Options
    LOL! Yup, Jimmy Legs=Restless Leg Syndrome.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    what are jimmy legs?

I was wondering the same thing. :)

Glad I don't have that... yet....
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm happy that I"m not feeling too bad for the most part. No MS or nausea but wow when 2:00 hits I crash and by 9:00 I am dead tired.

I'm trying to get up early and go for a walk as I find it gives me a good boost of energy for the day plus I find I eat better through the day.

One thing I didn't realize was how sore my breasts would be and how they would grow so quickly in my pregnancy.
  • IndianMuslim
    Options
    I'm experiencing the same Amy....sore breasts...along with morning sickness and vomiting. The thought of foods I loved to eat just last week make my stomach churn today. I'm worried that the lack of calories will cause damage in my pregnancy, so I've contacted my doctor to see if she can prescribe me some anti-nausea pills.

Anyone else experiencing morning sickness?
  • amyjpage
    Options
    I am the same at about 2:00 in the afternoon, I am ready for bed! I feel like all I've done for the past 2 weeks is work and sleep!

I feel like I might have to share with my co-workers soon for the simple fact they are all going to think I'm lazy and slacking off, but the truth of the matter is I can barely keep my eyes open!!

Still no vomiting for me, but certainly the seasickness comes and goes.

I was joking around with husband about having a chat with this kiddo and explaining that Mama needs to work, so do all your growing in the evenings when I can be at home in my pjs and napping on the couch!
  • rhye
    rhye Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Soooo sleepy, and nauseous around 10pm-ish. Also I do have achy boobs but not nearly as bad as with child #1, where I felt like my boobs were constantly hurting by this time.
  • BrainOnAStick
    BrainOnAStick Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    This past weekend I had to sit next to someone that was wearing copious amounts of Red Door perfume... on a plane... for two hours. This was after I ran through the airport to make my flight. Ah, there is nothing like nausea combined with my super-smelling powers while huffing and puffing the sickly sweet smell of Red Door in a confined space.