What is binge eating?

Options
2»

Replies

• tgipso
    tgipso Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes. It describes me. I have kind of gotten mine under control. Towards the end of summer I just could not control it anymore. I would eat sweets beyond sweets and I would hide it when I did it. I even considered going to an overeaters anonymous support group. I have since then have learned to control it on my own. And when I have that sweet tooth I try my best to eat in moderation.
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    This can totally be our over eaters annoymous!

My name is Vanilliabeanseed.. and I am a over eater (at times) lol
  • chilicoco
    chilicoco Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    So glad to have found this group. About once a week I will start grazing at night and just can't seem to stop. I try to log it all but usually lose track and just put in a best estimate of "quick add" calories. Haven't quite figured out what exactly triggers it. I recently started on maintenance and I'm trying to learn what works for me. Hopefully reading how others deal with this issue will help.
  • lauray84
    lauray84 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I liken my binging to a drug addiction. The adrenalin rush I get is amazing. I work away and often when I'm on the two hour flight home the whole way all I am thinking about is mentally walking the shopping aisles working out what I'm going to eat. I will buy a handful of items (full packs of biscuits, 2L icecream tubs, chocolate blocks etc etc) and go home with the biggest rush in the anticipation of eating. Sometimes I can barely get to the car before ripping open the pack and eating a full pack of biscuits before I get home.

This is me.. Except that it has become such a habit that I don't even want to eat the food anymore - I just get the rush out of planning the binge and buying all of the food! How crazy is that? Then of course I force myself to eat it because I bought it, and when it's gone I can 'start fresh'.. Never works though. When I do go healthy for a few days I kind of panic at the thought of never eating 'binge' foods again - but really my life would be way better if I never ate them again! I know I need to eliminate them for long enough to get the habit out of my system so bring on No Binge November!
  • teacheatsleep
    teacheatsleep Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Up until August of this year, I would binge and purge. I've stopped purging, but I binge daily. It's so frustrating to know that food has so much control over me! No Binge November is a new start and a step in the right direction.
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Up until August of this year, I would binge and purge. I've stopped purging, but I binge daily. It's so frustrating to know that food has so much control over me! No Binge November is a new start and a step in the right direction.

Glad you stopped purging and glad to have you on board to join us!
  • Dancing_Laeti
    Dancing_Laeti Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    So binging... Obviously, once I start I don't stop until the packet of lovely Doritos Tangy Cheese crisps is empty. And I mean the large 200g sharer pack. I haven't done this since I started my weight loss journey in August and I'm ridiculously proud of this!
    I still enjoy my Indian take away every so often and I will have one on 31st Oct - obviously, just before no binge November starts!!! :wink:
    But since I'll be going to the gym beforehand, hopefully that will fit into my calorie count.
    If it's crisps or chocolates I binge on, it used to be in front of the TV. I also picked up knitting lately meaning I can't use my hands for eating anymore! :happy:
    But I believe we can kick this nasty habit in the teeth! Let's do it!!!! :flowerforyou: