Strategies I used today to avoid binge eating :)

Options
I was able to stop myself from bingeing today.

Strategies I used:

1. I filled out an observing and describing emotions worksheet to identify the reasons I was feeling the urge to eat. (Having the awareness of the reason I was anxious made the urge to eat subside)

2. I distracted myself with activities. I did a lot of reading tonight, talked to friends on the phone and did some stargazing.

3. Whenever I started to feel any strong emotion (mostly anxiety or sadness) I filled out another observing and describing worksheet. I filled out soooo many sheets today, but it has helped me to understand the reasons behind my emotions.

4. I went to bed and felt satisfied with myself. :)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Observing and describing emotions worksheet has the following questions that I filled out:

PROMPTING EVENT

INTERPRETATIONS(beliefs, assumptions, appraisals) of the situation

BODY CHANGES and SENSING – What am I feeling in my body?. (heart rate bloody pressure, nausea etc)

BODY LANGUAGE What is my facial expression? Posture? Gestures?

ACTION URGES What do I feel like doing? What do I want to say?

What I SAID OR DID in the situation: (be specific)

What AFTER EFFECT does the emotion have on my (my state of mind, other emotions, behaviour, thoughts, memory, body, etc.)

FUNCTION OF EMOTION – What do you think the reason for the emotion was?

Replies

• EllieYuruker
    EllieYuruker Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Woop Woop thats brilliant well done! I might pinch the work sheet idea off you, Need to kick this binge eating in the butt! Well done again x
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I'm really interested in your worksheet!? I think this would be great for me. Where would I get one like that? Good for you.I appreciate the tips as I am new on my recovery process , lol.