Nibbling...

Options
Gamliela
Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
Yesterday, Sabturday, I willessly nibbled. Nuts were the main thing, brazils, walnuts, hazelnuts, only a few at a time, not many calorie wise, but it was the constant inability to say NO!

I was getting more and more a feeling of complete lack of control and by the end of the day. a little bit panicked and depressed that I ate all these little snacks all day long and that was unsettling.

I am committed to three meals a day and yesterday I fell off my path.

So, today is the first day of a new week for me and so far, so good.

How do any of you here turn the corner on that out of control feeling if and when you have it?

Replies

• PattiUnleashed
    PattiUnleashed Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, Sabturday, I willessly nibbled. Nuts were the main thing, brazils, walnuts, hazelnuts, only a few at a time, not many calorie wise, but it was the constant inability to say NO!

I was getting more and more a feeling of complete lack of control and by the end of the day. a little bit panicked and depressed that I ate all these little snacks all day long and that was unsettling.

I am committed to three meals a day and yesterday I fell off my path.

So, today is the first day of a new week for me and so far, so good.

How do any of you here turn the corner on that out of control feeling if and when you have it?

Hi,
    I sure do understand. It's that obsession of the mind + allergy of the body...and it goes round and round. The only thing that has helped me is working the 12 step program, using the tools - phone calls, writing, reading, meetings, etc. And man, sometimes I don't feel like it, and I have to tell myself do it anyway. ;) For instance, my dad passed away on October 4th, and I had to travel, be away from home for about 2 weeks, and now that I'm back, I'm feeling the feelings, and yes, I want to eat/overeat/snack...So, I've done some reading, listened to recorded meetings on A Vision 4 You (OA website recorded meetings), and I will listen to another one tonight before bed. I also am making phone calls. It's not easy, but it works, if we work it. Willpower and control never work for me. I am powerless, but with my HP I can do this one day at a time.

Patti
  • julesoa
    julesoa Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    For instance, my dad passed away on October 4th, and I had to travel, be away from home for about 2 weeks, and now that I'm back, I'm feeling the feelings, and yes, I want to eat/overeat/snack...So, I've done some reading, listened to recorded meetings on A Vision 4 You (OA website recorded meetings), and I will listen to another one tonight before bed. I also am making phone calls. It's not easy, but it works, if we work it. Willpower and control never work for me. I am powerless, but with my HP I can do this one day at a time.

Patti

I love that you shared this Patti. It is such a beautiful example of working the programme whilst life does what life does. "Acting on life rather than reacting to it". And I totally identify because I absolutely know I cannot stay away from the food on my own. And that's why committing my food every day to my HP, writing it down in my journal and here on MFP helps keep me sane. It really does work if you work it doesn't it? Grateful to you for being here with me love xx
  • PattiUnleashed
    PattiUnleashed Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    For instance, my dad passed away on October 4th, and I had to travel, be away from home for about 2 weeks, and now that I'm back, I'm feeling the feelings, and yes, I want to eat/overeat/snack...So, I've done some reading, listened to recorded meetings on A Vision 4 You (OA website recorded meetings), and I will listen to another one tonight before bed. I also am making phone calls. It's not easy, but it works, if we work it. Willpower and control never work for me. I am powerless, but with my HP I can do this one day at a time.

Patti

I love that you shared this Patti. It is such a beautiful example of working the programme whilst life does what life does. "Acting on life rather than reacting to it". And I totally identify because I absolutely know I cannot stay away from the food on my own. And that's why committing my food every day to my HP, writing it down in my journal and here on MFP helps keep me sane. It really does work if you work it doesn't it? Grateful to you for being here with me love xx

And that is right...."acting on life rather than reacting to it" .... good one. It's almost a knee jerk reaction to react. You're right, it works, if I work it. No free rides, and it may not feel easy, but it is really pretty simple. I am grateful that you are here too, even though we are oceans apart, I carry you in my heart love :heart:

Patti