First foods tried?

2»

Replies

• bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    I'm 2.5 weeks out. First 2 weeks I ate grits, cream of wheat, whizzed black bean soup and the ricotta bake fom the world according to eggface. This week I added home made egg salad, whizzed wolf's turkey chili and hummus. So far no issues with anyrhing I've tried.
  • I was very hungry early on after VSG and my surgeon that was a good thing. She said I would see better results because I would actually be getting enough nutrtion. I still eat something small every 2-3 hours. My soft food go to's were scrambled eggs, refried beans, and a ricotta bake recipe I got off of bariatric foodie. Both her and eggface are excellent resources for some great bariatric friendly recipes, tips, and tricks.
  • Holly_penguin
    Holly_penguin Posts: 149 Member
    I lived on hummus, buffalo chicken dip (ff cream cheese, canned chicken, yougurt based blue cheese dressign and franks sauce), guacamole, refried beans and greek yogurt. I tolerated hot sauce right away, thank goodness, and added it to everything. I never could eat anything from the blender if it wasn't the consistancy I felt it should be, like meats and such. i couldn't tolerate baby food either. Just thinking about it now, makes me gag a bit. So I stuck to things that are naturally smooth. Hope this helps.
  • DebbysJourney
    DebbysJourney Posts: 82 Member
    Again, thanks for all of the ideas! And welcome to the Newbies!! This place is great for asking questions, getting ideas (as you can see). I've been doing well with all of my food choices so far. I did fix myself a hamburger (very small), but yuck! I will say it's not on the top of my list as far a foods to eat, but I did always enjoy a good burger once in a while. Hubby said they were great, so I guess this is my first experience with a different taste bud. Maybe next time? I'm going to try some chicken fajita meat I've got thawed out tonight in my GF grill.

And to answer the ques about being ready to eat? It's a struggle knowing "when" I am hungry. I do think I'm thinking it's been 4 hours and I eat so little, I "must" be hungry. Definitely something I will always struggle with.