Week 7!

Options
SuperCrsa
SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
Happy Monday!

Got my workout in a little later today.. :) Got to really refocus and get my workouts in my normal routine in the mornings again!

Bench 8 x 3 x 25kgs (Whooo hoooo got 8 reps in! Cant believe I was struggling to pick this up just the other day!)
Rows 8 x 3 x 25kgs
Curls 6 x 3 x 20kgs - Killer! Think I ripped a new one in the process :D
Shld P 8 x 3 x 12kgs
Tri Ext 6 x 3 x 12kgs

Have a great one! Check back in here tomorrow! :)

1148845_333005703503282_125311261_n_zps130becbe.jpg

1044279_398481690261273_99113229_n_zps268473c6.jpg

Replies

• juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I'll be logging later, too.

Holy crap, did I ever have DOMS yesterday! I must've done something right on Saturday. I enjoyed the mess out of my rest day yesterday. ;)
  • pinktoesjb
    pinktoesjb Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I was in this morning, realy struggle today but did not get good sleep last night at all. Stupid Mondays!

7 mins eliptical warm up

chest press 3x8x20.3kg
    bent over row 3x8x7kg dumbells- 1kg up on last week
    lying triceps/skullcrushers: 3x8x4kg dumbells. This didn't kill this time, to increase next week.
    shoulder press: 3x8x4kg dumbells still weak but better than last time.
    bicep curls: 3x8x6kg dumbells to increase next time

30 second plank
    5 mins bike at seriusly half assed intensity!

Leaving work soon for a chicken dinner and an easy night on the sofa. Happy Monday!
  • SuperCrsa
    Options
    How awesome are the strength gains??
    Is that the right word for one week later being able to pick up even heavier stuff? Fantastic work!!
  • juliemouse83
    Options
    OMG...Are we all mods? And how long have we been mods? LOL...I just noticed I could edit something I posted this morning, LOL...
  • juliemouse83
    Options
    How awesome are the strength gains??
    Is that the right word for one week later being able to pick up even heavier stuff? Fantastic work!!

Yes, yes! Strength gains are good, and that's what they are, and Yeah! I can't wait for the next 90 minutes to pass so I can get outta here, go home and pick up the heavy things.

You guys are pushing the numbers up and that is awesome! Charissa, your curls today! BOOM! :) I'll add mine here (you know, now that I can come back and edit later) when I am done. :flowerforyou:

ETA: Today’s workout…And I wasn’t feeling it a bit. Rough day at the office. May be time to start looking for employment elsewhere when your crap days outnumber your good ones….

Bench - 3x5 @ 75#

Row - 3x6 @ 75#

Curl - 3x6 @ 55# (PR)

OHP - 3x6 @ 55#

Triceps Hammer Press - 3x8 @ 20# but sloppy, so will re-do Thursday.

Triceps kickback - 6x6 @ 15# (three sets per side.)
  • SuperCrsa
    Options
    OMG...Are we all mods? And how long have we been mods? LOL...I just noticed I could edit something I posted this morning, LOL...

Oh sorry I should have let you know! I made you guys mods about 2 weeks ago :D
  • SuperCrsa
    Options
    Great work Jules!

How do you do the hammer press? Oh and OHP out of interest how are you doing these?

Okay Lower A done for today.

Squat 8 x 3 x 20kgs Really getting a lot more comfortable with these, cant wait for arms to catch up in strength so I can lift the weights!
    S Dead 8 x 3 x 25kgs
    Leg Ex 8 x 3 x 27.5kgs I need something else in place of these, the "machine" is really getting uncomfortable right now, the weights keep catching me on the shin. If I go heavier Im going to have blue shins! lol
    Leg Curl 8 x 3 20kgs
    Calf raise 8 x 3 x 40kgs hehe now that bar is no jokes.
    And I finished off with my 10minute yoga core strengthening. :)

Feeling great today! Going to enjoy the rest day tomorrow!
    Have a great one you all! :)
  • kerrygailis
    kerrygailis Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Excellent work everyone!

Last night the gym was soo busy it was crazy.

I did the 15 minute ab class, very nice loving it.

I got my husband to spot me as I did bench press for the first time with the barbell, considering I always did it db.

So bench press- 25kg (i know pretty small but will work my way up )
    Row- 12kg
    curl-9kg
    ohp -9kg
    kickbacks 2.5kg (the machine I know such a pathetic weight who knew my triceps were so weak)

Today my legs are still stiff from saturdays workout so not sure how I will get through legs tonight :laugh:

Have a lovely day everyone :flowerforyou:
  • SuperCrsa
    Options

Pretty small!?!?! Thats what I am doing!! AND was struggling with just last week! Lol. GREAT JOB Kerry!!!
  • pinktoesjb
    Options
    lower a done

7mins incline walk
    leg extensions 3x8x32kg
    leg curls 3x8x30kg couldn't quite get to match extensions today!
    squats 3x8x15kg still can't lift the 20kg over my head :-/
    standing calf raises 3x8 with 8kg dumbells
    sl deadlift 3x8x20kg
    3x8x39kg seated hip adduction (part of pyhsio)

3x10 swiss ball crunches
    3x7 lying leg raises

Yeah, I need to go up on to the big boys floor soon as the preloaded barbells are going to stop being a challenge soon. I'm scurred!

Also skipping rest day tomorrow as I'm away on friday to a cousin's wedding and I don't want to miss a work out.

Someone get me a coffee.......
  • juliemouse83
    Options

Pretty small!?!?! Thats what I am doing!! AND was struggling with just last week! Lol. GREAT JOB Kerry!!!

Holy crap, Kerry! That's, like, 55 pounds in my world! Which is a LOT. When we picked this back up I was just doing the bar and a wee bit of weight. So that's pretty badass in my book.
    How do you do the hammer press? Oh and OHP out of interest how are you doing these?

Okay I went to pull a video up of the thing I thought my hammer presses were (based on the title of the exercise I was doing that I saw in Muscle and Fitness Hers Magazine), but it turns out they are skull crushers. I found what I am doing on the swiss ball here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir5PsbniVSc

And my OHP's are the ones I learned when I was doing Mehdi's StrongLifts and they look like this, only without the massive weight as they are my worst lift, as far as amount of weight on the bar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LwYD9ebSy4 Oh, and I don't lift from the floor because I have the rack, so I pull it off from the higher setting, like I do with squats and curls.

ETA: Charissa, I am trying NOT to fall flat on my face with the bar on my shoulders and the balls of my feet on the little step Johnny made me...I am wondering if I should do them with the bar in front, rather than on my shoulders?

Looking forward to leg/ab day!
  • juliemouse83
    Options
    SO. DAMNED. TIRED…

but, BOOM!

Squats - 3x7 @ 100#

Deads - 3x6 @ 140#

Glute Bridge - 3x6 @ 140#

Leg Curl - 3x8 @ 55#

Leg Extension - 3x8 @ 80#

Standing Calf Raise - 3x6 @ 60#

Did ab work throughout the day on my Swiss ball at the office.

ETA: Will do upper tomorrow and lower Thursday. Taking rest on Friday - 5K on Saturday morning.
  • pinktoesjb
    Options
    upper b done. I'm starting to think that a rest day is as much for psychological purposes as physical, I had such low evergy this morning and am in a grim mood now! Though I didn't have much breakfast as I appeared to be almost out of granola this morning.

I can see a real difference in my arms doing cable curls now, which is encouraging though I'm also seeing some serious wastage in my boobs which is not as encouraging. Boo! Still not seeing much fat reduction that I can tell so going to attempt to get back into a running programme next week to try to step that up.

6 mins eliptical
    3x8 dips with 50kg assistance
    2x8 and 1x7 pull ups with 52kg assistance- I had nothing by the end of these!
    3x8 side lateral raised with 4kg dumbells, hope to increase next week
    3x8 cable curls with 3kg dumbells to increase next week
    3x8 tricep pull downs 12.3kg
    6 mins bike

I
  • pinktoesjb
    Options
    i done give maself a butt strain :-/ not too bad but hobbling this morning so no lower b. Off to a wedding tomorrow morning so hopefully lots of champagne will cure me ready for monday!
  • SuperCrsa
    Options
    :laugh: butt strain good going! lol. Have a lovely trip!

I am so slack today havent got my workout in.. May try do two tomorrow morning.
  • juliemouse83
    Options
    *whew*

At least it isn't just me. Was going to skip rest day so I could take it tomorrow before the 5K on saturday, but I was just sooooo tired from the other day. I figure I'll swap them around - lower-b today and upper-b tomorrow. Upper isn't usually as hard on me as lower, so not as much *bleh* going on the next day.

Have a great trip!
  • SuperCrsa
    Options
    Just got my *kitten* in gear during working hours, I cant believe I ALMOST skipped today. I need an *kitten* kicking! :grumble:

Dips: 8 x 3 x 10kgs
    Chin raises 8 x 3 x 12kgs
    Raise 6 x 3 x 12kgs
    Kback 6 x 3 x 6kgs
    Curls 8 x 3 x 12kgs
    Tricep Overhead Extension 6 x 3 x 12kgs

Have a great one!
  • marise29
    Options
    Hi guys!

I know I've been slacking off this week :blushing: .. I don't know why, but I thought that I'd get so much more done on the lifting side this week ( being on study leave and all). Boy oh boy was I wrong :huh:

Anyhow.. I see everyone's on there posts.. some more motivated that others.. Charissa, don't make me come over there :laugh:

I won't be logging this weekend. I'm going camping tomorrow! :bigsmile:

So I wish you all a happy weekend and hope to be back in the game Monday!
    :flowerforyou:
  • juliemouse83
    Options
    Happy Weekend, Marise! :flowerforyou: Have fun! Camping=:heart:

Charissa, you got out there and did it, so yay! :love:

Ok, I did knock out lower body today since it is kind of an *kitten* kicker for me and will do upper b tomorrow:

Squat - 3x8 @ 100#

Deadlift - 3x7 @ 140#

Glute Bridge - 3x7 @ 140#

Standing Leg Press - 3x6 @ 75#

Seated Calf Raise - 3x8 @ 90# (and I am not sure how many plates I can keep putting on my lap before they slide off, LOL)

Shoulder Shrug - 3x8 @ 75#

Good Morning - 3x8 @ 75#

Skipped abs, but warmed up on elliptical. Trying to do the minimum until after the 5K. :wink:
  • kerrygailis
    kerrygailis Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Yes I am still alive just in case you were wondering lol

I have been going to the gym and doing everything just not had time to update on here.

It's a crazy month for us with tutoring and I cannot wait until the end of Nov when it quietens down and I get to take leave.

last night was a bit slack at the gym, had to go get groceries after so was rushing it. Saw a girl there that looked amazing with great definition and just all over stunning, so was wishing I looked like her and wondering how long it would take me!! Her bf looked suer hot too lol.

My husband actually said last night I was looking thin, which was mind blowing as he never pays me a compliment lol.

Yay for Friday, hope you all have a lovely weekend and do not eat crap!! :drinker: