Is anyone still here?

Options
RedheadQuine
RedheadQuine Posts: 111 Member
I'm new to being plant strong and joined but I see it's been 2 months since anyone posted.. :)

Replies

• kmcosgrove115
    kmcosgrove115 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    They are but groups like this can get lost compared to the big boards - let me know what questions you might have - happy to help!
  • RedheadQuine
    RedheadQuine Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thanks! My main thing I'm struggling with is roast vegetables - these are a staple part of our diet, and I love them, I used to shake them in a little bit of oil and they were perfect. Now I'm trying veggie broth like suggested by Engine2 and they just didn't taste good. :/ Any suggestions?
  • ashleyapplewhite
    ashleyapplewhite Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks! My main thing I'm struggling with is roast vegetables - these are a staple part of our diet, and I love them, I used to shake them in a little bit of oil and they were perfect. Now I'm trying veggie broth like suggested by Engine2 and they just didn't taste good. :/ Any suggestions?

I just use coconut oil spray for mine. I know that's not 100% on the plan, but it works for us....
  • kmcosgrove115
    kmcosgrove115 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    We made a China Study recipe that was a version of the hash potatoes you could get in a greasy diner - the trick was to steam the potato cubes first until soft, then transfer then to a non stick pan with veg broth - there we added peppers, onions, garlic and when we ate it, it was exactly like the home fries in a diner.........................that steam part first was so key to the texture of the potato and I would suspect might work for veggies - The China Study Cookbook is a must have if you are looking for one!
  • SkinneyGirl28
    SkinneyGirl28 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm around too. I don't always have the time to post. I am recovering from a fractured femur neat the hip joint. Just getting to where I can spend more time up and at the computer.

Skinney girl 28
  • mrs_tasiairene
    Options
    Hey, I'm new to MFP and would love to get in on this group. I eat a predominately plant based diet, I'm 5 months pregnant so now and then I have a little something off plan ( a greek yogurt or protein bar that isn't 100% on plan), but overall I love this WOE!
  • skinnyone2012
    skinnyone2012 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Im here too and re committing to posting so there will be a lot more of me.
  • CynthiaNH
    CynthiaNH Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am fairly new to MFP and so excited to find this group! I just couldn't relate to the low-carb, etc. posts... ;-)

Over the past several years, my husband and I have gathered a lot of plant-based--what we call compassionate plant-based diet resources, and I will post the link on the "plant-based links" discussion.

Thanks again for being here!
  • dp135
    dp135 Posts: 12
    Options
    We made a China Study recipe that was a version of the hash potatoes you could get in a greasy diner - the trick was to steam the potato cubes first until soft, then transfer then to a non stick pan with veg broth - there we added peppers, onions, garlic and when we ate it, it was exactly like the home fries in a diner.........................that steam part first was so key to the texture of the potato and I would suspect might work for veggies - The China Study Cookbook is a must have if you are looking for one!

I'm going to try that. Sounds like a good idea. Thanks
  • SunVegan8
    SunVegan8 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Been on MFP a couple of weeks. Noticed lack of activity on this site so didn't join, but, now I did. :) Hope we can help each other on the path.
  • karenpio92
    karenpio92 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new in this group :D I recently started to eat almost vegan and i follow a plant based diet. Sometimes I need more creativity and some tips with food combining because since I started eating like this I have los of gas and bloating :( But I still feel really good so I'm not leaving this lifestyle, just need some advice :D Hope you can help me here, I'll try helping you too!
    If you wan't you can add me as friends so I can see what you track daily and have and idea, and you can see what I eat XD