Halloween?

CapnDonkey
CapnDonkey Posts: 108 Member
So, Big & Tall friends, I LOVE Halloween. But it can be difficult to find good costumes. Usually, I can make it work. I have won 4 out of the last 6 years worth of costume contests in my area with some good couples/pairs costumes. I have a friend who is tall and thin, and there are quite a few costumes that work: We were Jay & Silent Bob (we won over $1000 in three contests), We were The Big Lebowski and Walter ($500), and then my wife and I were Shrek and Fiona ($300 total in 2 contests) and last year we went as alcohol mascots (I was Capt. Morgan, my wife was the St. Pauli Girl, and our buddy was The Most Interesting Man in the World. (Won $250 cash, and $100 GC to the other bar.)

This year, no such inspiration has struck, and I think I'm just going to wear my pirate outfit from the Renaissance Faire. Keep it simple and just not worry about contests.

So anyway, any other good "Big & Tall" costumes you've used in the past, or planning to use this year?

Replies

• bads1
    bads1 Posts: 39 Member
    Been having some creative issues myself. Not sure if your a simpson's fan or not, but I was thinking about going as homer simpson, dressed as Pie-man.
  • RyanKnight71
    RyanKnight71 Posts: 34 Member
    Haha. 2 years ago I went to company Halloween party as "Black Jesus" and won the costume contest, a 40 inch TV. This year I'm going as Mr. T. Got my overalls, red cutoff shirt and all the fake gold chains they had in the dollar store. Ive been shaving my head since HS and as of right now ive been growing it out for almost a month for the signature mohawk. My hair is driving me crazy, I want to cut it sooo bad. Hair is itchy but I have to do it, this costume is going to be epic
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Kung Fu Panda's almost a given for me - cheap (I already have my formal kung fu gear from when I used to teach), and to quote Neo...

I know kung fu. People were amused to see the costume, but were shocked when I would actually perform. I did a short routine at an intersection for a group during last year's outdoor party, and a bunch of asian girls in the restaurant beside us started applauding!

And all it needs each year is some black and white greasepaint!