Introductions!

Options
Introduce yourselves here!

Name:
SW:
UGW:
CW:

And anything else you'd like to share :smile:

My name is Jill, I'm 26 and 5'9". My starting weight was 188 lbs and my current weight is 174 lbs. My ultimate goal weight is to get down to 135 lbs and 25% body fat. I have 2 sons aged 4 and almost 2 and I live in Ontario, Canada.

Replies

• loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Lee
    5'7
    SW: 336lbs, ugh
    UGW: 145lbs - I don't know if I will look "healthy" at this weight but it's mid point on my BMI
    CW: 265 - 270 lbs depending on the day, lol

I'm in Calgary, AB, Canada :) Chugging away!!
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options

Name: Michelle
    Height: 5'7
    SW: 212.5
    UGW: 145
    CW: 208.2

And anything else you'd like to share :smile:

Really looking forward to having some accountability. I have a great support system BUT they are not so great when it comes to holding me to my goals I set for myself.
  • NettiH
    NettiH Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Name: Annette
    Height: 5'5" ish
    SW: 195
    UGW: ???
    CW: 190

I'm finding this all very daunting, so I haven't thought too hard about my ultimate goal weight - I don't want to freak myself out, get overwhelmed and quit! But (*whisper*) I could stand to lose at least 50 lbs.

I'm in Nova Scotia, Canada, and I work shift work, so... extra bonus challenge!

ETA: feel free to add me as a friend, too! None of my friends are active in their accounts right now, so I could use some ;)
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Name: Lulu
    Age: 63..........I'll probably be the oldest...........hahaha
    Height: 5'7"
    SW: 231
    UGW: 160
    CW: 221

I think I might have lost another pound or two but won't weigh myself for another couple of days. I started swimming this summer in our pool every day and joined a gym about 4 weeks ago to use their lap pool. I swam my first half mile last week and another this morning. I'm also working with a trainer to help me figure out what I can do because of a 7 year old back injury. I'm enjoying working out again but still being cautious.

I'm having trouble figuring out how many of the calories I burn I should eat back. I don't trust myself or their calorie counting numbers.
  • MegsHutch90
    MegsHutch90 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Name: Megan
    Height: 5'10"
    SW: 254
    UGW:154 (At minimum)
    CW: 254

When I was young, I became severely ill, and as a consequence of that combined with other factors, I gained a copious amount of weight, and have kept it on. I have never known what it's like to not be overweight. I am currently living with my parents because, as a new social worker, I can't afford to do otherwise. However, my parents are not supportive of my health goals, and that combined with a litany of health issues makes this a tough fight. But I am in it to win it!

I could use some more friends as half of mine have gone inactive, so feel free to add me!
  • atibrat
    atibrat Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Name: Tammy
    Age 51
    Height 5' 4"
    SW 209
    UGW 140 ( then we will see)
    CW 190

I was diagnosed a few years ago with lupus and in January a herniated disc in my neck which both have limited my activity level drastically. The medication I take has also contributed to weight gain but I am determined to get it back under control no matter what. I use to lose weight to look better now for the first time in my life I JUST WANT TO FEEL HEALTHIER.

Tammy
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Tammy, I'm sorry about the lupus. I have similar disc issues but in my lower back. I finally decided to take control and work around my back. I'm working with a trainer, expensive but worth it because she's a physical therapist as well, and she's helping me figure out what I can and can't do and how to strengthen my core and what not. My daughter is trying to find me a Pilates instructor in my area that might be able to help as well. Just ideas for you.

BTW, I forgot to mention to everyone that I live in So. California and have three grown children and two grandchildren.

Anyone who wants to be friends, it's fine with me. I'm slowly building up my friend's list. I'm finding it really fascinating what other people eat and what kind of exercise they do. My food diary is open to friends so we could all do that as well.
  • gigila72
    gigila72 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Name: Angie (Gigi is my family nick name)
    Height: 5' 8 in
    SW: 27?
    UGW: 175
    CW: 266

I started on Jan. 12 this year doing WW with my sister and a good friend. I stoped WW in early July. I joined MFP in June. I'm married with no children. We do have two cats. I work full time. I'm in Wisconsin, USA
  • Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Name: Sashoi
    Height: 5'8 1/2
    SW: 304.8
    UGW: 170
    CW: 268.4

My name is Sashoi and I live in Orlando, FL I'm a mother to a special needs child she will be 13 I'm December.In 2009 I lost almost 185lbs. I lost the most of it dieting and exercising and went from 360-185. I was happy at that weight and was going good until 2 months after I reached my goal I got diagnosed with Luekemia. After 9 months of chemo I gained back most of the weight because I was on all these drugs including steroids and I couldn't workout. Well after that I just didn't feel like trying again to lose the weight. In December 2012 my cancer came back and I did another 6 months of chemo. I finally woke on July 1 ready to do this all again and I'm on a mission. I just don't have the strength or the energy I once had since chemo but I won't give up. So let's do this!
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    Name: everyone calls me zacks
    Height: 5'6
    SW: 218
    UGW: 145
    CW: 198

I love the idea of a new thread to post on for each 10 pound loss!!! My ticker says 20 to go because i am trying to not look at the big picture and get discouraged, but i am hoping to lose 50.

Thanks for starting the group!
  • KCHernandez1981
    KCHernandez1981 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    KC
    5'6"

Love the idea of celebrating 10 pounds at a time. It seems much more attainable. I am a mother to 3 young children and live a life of chaos. I live in Minnesota.
  • PhaatGyrl
    PhaatGyrl Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Name: PhaatGyrl
    Height: 5'5
    SW: 235
    UGW: 135
    CW: 222
  • mariancrumble
    Options
    Name Marian
    age 67 sorry Lulu you are not the oldest lol
    height 5;6"
    SW 266
    UGW 160
    CW 266

Hi everyone.
    I live in the Nort of England in the midst of beautiful countryside. I love walking my dogs, but am now restricted by my weight and medical conditions so I do not get as far as I would like. I recently gained another 14 lbs after my oldest furbaby died as I went on a comfort eating spree. I have tried over the years and made good losses but then gained again when on steroids, this makes me loose heart. This time though I have joined MFP and think that the added help and support will do the trick.
    I retired 7 years ago but could not stay away and am now a supply teacher at the local schools. I love it eventhough I can get very tired.
    This summer I decided that it was time for a change in my life so I started at the top of the house and have 'sorted' everything out, every draw and every cupboard. Huge amounts of stuff has gone either to freinds, charity shops or the tip. It seems never ending but the house has certainly lost weight lol, now it is my turn.
    I am just building my friends list so feel free to add me.
    I think the idea of 10 lbs at a time is great.
  • fierydeluge
    Options
    Name: Exequiel or X
    SW: 284 lbs
    UGW: 180 lbs
    CW: 219 lbs

Hi All!

I'm X and I live in the Philippines. I started my journey over a year ago but only took in seriously last February.

10 pound victories is close to me because it was what I did to get to where I am now and still keeping me motivated to reach my end goal. I usually celebrate 10 lbs loses with either good food or some clothing item. I also set up phases in my quest to reach my goal like the first time I weighed less than 100 kilograms.

Now I'm at a phase where I want to be able to weigh less than 200 lbs. Still thinking of what I'd do when I hit 210 lbs. I know we'd be able to accomplish our goals one step at a time specially with a motivation like this.
  • claudiaradvanyi1
    Options
    Name: Claudia
    Height: 156 cm
    SW: 61kg
    UGW: 54kg
    CW: 61kg...

Just starting my diet! I have till February to shed the weight!
  • ShaeB32
    ShaeB32 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Name: Shae
    Height: 5'3
    SW: 275lbs
    UGW: between 140-150
    CW: 260

I live in Texas and have been up and down on my weight loss journey for some years. Its time to get serious and be healthy for myself and my family.
    My eating habits are one issue. I can do good for a couple of days and then the weekend will come or I will just have a splurge session and ruin the good days I had.
    I've also had a hard time of sticking to a consistent work out regime.
  • pdawnfloyd
    pdawnfloyd Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Name: Dawn
    Height: 5'4
    SW: 195
    UGW: 140
    CW: 193

Hi. I live in VA and have been up and down with my weight since I was in my late 20's. I've been up to 210lbs, size 18 and down to a size 4 and 124lbs. I had been able to maintin or stay 15lbs within my goal for several years up until about 2 years ago. I'm tired of my weight being an issue in my life and I'm ready to lose it and maintain a healthy lifestyle and stop with the roller coaster ride. I'm doing this for me so I can be the best, healthy version of myself and in turn I will be the best me for my wonderful husband who is my best friend and soul mate and I want to have as much time on this earth with him as possible.
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Name: Frances
    Height: 5'11"
    SW: 330
    UGW: 180 - may change once I get there
    CW: 296

I am a married sahm to 3 girls, (13, 8 and 3) and nanny for another 3 yr old girl and we live in North Alabama, but I am from South Carolina (oh how I miss my home state). I like most it seems have been overweight as long as I can remember, if I can get to 220, I would be back to high school days and I hated that then, but at least I would know what I would look like. I started my journey in May of this year after looking through pictures and was disgusted with myself. I also have some health problems, so this is the kick start I needed to get moving & losing weight again. I've done WW in the past, it did work but had to drop it due to the price, so glad MFP is FREE!!

I look forward to getting to know everyone & seeing us achieve our goals!!
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Name: Brock
    Height: 5'9"
    SW: 395
    UGW: 250
    CW: 348

Hello

My name is Brock I'm a soon to be 33 yr old single dad from KY but living in WV. I've always been the biggest person around and after time I got used to it and kinda like it as well. Now that I'm older I'm realizing it's not to healthy. Over the years my weight has fluctuated I'd go up to around 400 then back down to like 340 or so. This time though I'm determined to go lower than though. On 7/4/13 I weighed 395 I got really sick and lost like 20lbs and my girlfriend decided to dump me. So after a month of drinking and feeling sorry for myself I decided that this would be a good time to start working out again. So on 9/1/13 I started 6 days a week with a strict diet I'm determined to lose this weight and get to my goal of 250lbs. I haven't seen this weight since I was 14. My current weight is 348 as of 10/1/13 so I still got a little under 100 to go. I'm looking for motiviatin and support and I offer it back.
  • Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Name: Melissa
    Sw: 220
    Ugw: 160
    Cw: 211

I am married and just had a baby girl in June. Gained far too much weight during the pregnancy!!!! I live in northwestern Ontario. I have always struggled with my weight since my doctor had to put me on a diet at 13 due to high blood pressure. I lost seventy pounds and managed to keep it off until college when I gained all of it back. At 21 I decided to get back in shape and lost that same 70 pounds and managed to keep it off up until I hit 30. Then I somehow forgot everything I learned and knew about health and nutrition. I got lazy and started matching my portions to my husbands( bad bad bad idea)! It didn't take long before I gained all the weight back. Last year I g on Mfp and was able to lose 24 pounds when I got pregnant. I slacked during the pregnancy and gained way too much weight and I couldn't even blame it on the baby because she weighed less than 6 pounds at birth. It is time for me to get healthy again especially for her!