Day One: how did everyone do?

Options
I will admit to blowing it at lunch today. I ate the lunch I took to work at 11am (my regular time to eat) and then my hubby dropped by with BBQ from our friend's new restaurant at 12. I meant to put it in the fridge for tomorrow, but I took one bite and ended up eating it all. It's been so long since I ate that much that I haven't felt like eating the rest of the day so I stayed under my calories, but I still feel bloated and gross from eating two meals within two hours.
My "dinner" ended up being a glass of milk that I drank a few minutes ago so that I don't wake up hungry at 2 am.

One the positive side, I did get some exercise in raking leaves into the compost pile after work today.

Oh, my starting weight for the challenge this morning was 171 so my goal is 161 by Christmas. If I don't have too many days like today, I can do it.

Replies

• LaPearl1
    LaPearl1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had a rough start to but I did get a workout in which saved me. I have to find my balance with eating. I took the half the summer off without realizing it so now I'm up 8 lbs from where I initially started. Stepping on that scale was mind blowing so actually my 10 week goal is 15 lbs but I will be just as happy with 10 lbs. Lets try for a better day tomorrow.
  • tatiianag13
    tatiianag13 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Today was a good day. I ate on plan and went for a run/walk (the only kind of running I do!) after work. I can only run about twice a week, so I really look forward to it.

I was at 139.2 this morning, so my 10 lb goal is 129.2. Which will be crazy. I can't even think about being out of the 130's. I just got out of the 140's! One step at a time, one week at a time, one pound at a time.
  • futureFITgirl92
    futureFITgirl92 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Today was good. Did an hour at the gym with my personal trainer this morning and did 30 minutes of zumba this evening. I also stayed under my calorie goal.

My weight this morning was 208.4 so my goal weight for the challenge is 198.4. I’ll be very happy to hit onederland again!

Tomorrow will be challenging because I have class and work all day.

42702503.png
  • cssyti
    cssyti Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I did fairly well. I did 30 minutes of circuit training (burned 330 calories) and ate healthier than I did over the weekend lol.....dang sweet tooth :wink: I am 194, goal is to be 184 by Christmas!!! :happy:
  • ShaeB32
    ShaeB32 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started off good on the first day then some cravings hit me at night while watching TV and ended up munching on some cookies.

I did get a 20 min workout in but meant to go the gym last night to attend a Zumba class but got real sluggish after dinner and didn't end up going.

Should have went to the gym. Might have stopped me from over indulging on them cookies.

Ok. Todays a new day.
  • HRgoldenlife
    HRgoldenlife Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I did well yesterday....day 1 down, many more to go. I got my exercise in and ate okay. Needed more water and fiber though.
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I did pretty good even though I was having a bad day.. I went running did 4miles in 55minutes..
    I ate pretty good other then my baked potato with sour cream and cheese..

I'll post my start weight tomorrow night I haven't been feeling great so I dont want to get on the scale right now..
  • verno00
    verno00 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Oh, we were supposed to start? Obviously, I'm new to this group stuff. Normally, I'm extremely tight-lipped in talking (admitting) about my weight and eating habits. I'm working on changing that. So, to my new MFP group friends - (This is not easy for me...) I vow to open up and share my horrific painful secrets about eating.

I did good yesterday until night time (my usual problem time) when I had ~4 glasses of wine and 2 scoops of icecream. Not my best moment. Today, with your helpful comments above, I recognize...

1) I need to catch up to you all. You are very motivated and motivating.
    2) Only I am responsible for what I put in my mouth. There are no excuses for that.
    3) It's tiime for me to start taking care of myself. I am precious and I should treat myself that way.

Thank you to all for sharing your stories. Today - I will eat appropriately (even at night) and I'll be at the gym for a minimum of 30 min for circuit training. I'll share my weight tomorrow. I appreciate each of you.
  • echoesmyron
    echoesmyron Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Excited to be taking it one day at a time with you guys! Great motivation (and accountability).

Just concentrating on pairing good eating with some form of daily activity for now. Am doing 20-30 minutes of circuit training daily and trying to commit to a 30min run at least 4x a week. Definitely didn't eat as well as I could have this weekend!

Trying to stay off the scale for at least the next week - don't want to get discouraged and be put off by any fluctuations in the first little bit, but based on last week's scale 'wake up call', I was at 167 and so am aiming for 157 by Christmas.

We can do this !
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Oh, we were supposed to start? Obviously, I'm new to this group stuff. Normally, I'm extremely tight-lipped in talking (admitting) about my weight and eating habits. I'm working on changing that. So, to my new MFP group friends - (This is not easy for me...) I vow to open up and share my horrific painful secrets about eating.

I did good yesterday until night time (my usual problem time) when I had ~4 glasses of wine and 2 scoops of icecream. Not my best moment. Today, with your helpful comments above, I recognize...

1) I need to catch up to you all. You are very motivated and motivating.
    2) Only I am responsible for what I put in my mouth. There are no excuses for that.
    3) It's tiime for me to start taking care of myself. I am precious and I should treat myself that way.

Thank you to all for sharing your stories. Today - I will eat appropriately (even at night) and I'll be at the gym for a minimum of 30 min for circuit training. I'll share my weight tomorrow. I appreciate each of you.

I am glad you shared. I think most people have trouble at night. I find myself walking the dog to get out of the house and away from the food. It is hard though. Especially when it is cold out. Not that the dog minds so maybe I will bundle upnand take her anyway.

I really only posted yesterday to keep myself accountable not to blow it again today. Confession is good for the soul.