Am I just beng impatient? Is a pound a week realistic?

jak1958
jak1958 Posts: 82 Member
Hi guys, hoping you can help ...

In early 2013, I was ten pounds from my goal of 115 pounds (I have worked out and maintained this weight most of my life up until about 3 years ago). I took off 6 months mainly just depleted with a non-exercise injury - gained 15 pounds...yikes.

I started back up about six weeks ago and am losing BUT VERY SLOWLY.. If possible, I would like to tweak my diet and exercise program to get a pound a week loss until back to within 10 or 15 pounds of my goal.

I am more concerned about the weight bouncing... I think its fluid but I feel like its effecting my ability to get a good read on my true TDEE - somewhere between 1700 and 1900 per day... I am also concerned if I am losing this slowly on current intake - where will I go from here???

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

Provide your stats (height/weight/age/bodyfat% if you know it/etc)

5'0"
136 lbs
54 Yr
32.6% BF (scale/military calc)

What's your current gross intake of calories, on average?

Average 1370 calories per day for the past 5 weeks

What's your current average intake of protein, carbs, and fats, in grams? (GRAMS, not percent!)

Target Minimum Protein 90 grams (usually over)
Target Minimum Fat 47 grams (usually over)
Carbs No Target Minimum - remaining calories

Do you use a food scale and measure everything?
Yes

Do you track all of your intake, daily? (Everything?)
Yes

Do you take cheat days or days off?
Yes - once every 10 days or so... usually cycle calories to maintain average weekly intake.

How much weight have you lost so far and over what time period?
3.2 Lbs over 5 weeks

Describe your activity (exercise and non exercise) and did you change that activity withing the last couple of months?

Not new but change from recent past due to a break ... 5 days per week of moderate cardio (70 to 80 % MHR) for 30 minutes and two days strength training per week (I tried 4 days - upper/lower 2X per week but felt puny so I dropped back to 2X per week...)

How long have you been stalled and if it is not a complete stall please be very specific as to how much you have lost over the stalled period.

Not stalled - just sporadic and slow... average .64 per week.

Week 1 8,344 Calories 1.6 lb loss
Week 2 9,824 Calories 0.0 lb loss
Week 3 9787 Calories 2.0 lb loss
Week 4 10,604 Calories 1.8 Gain (High week - Vacation)
Week 5 9390 Calories 1.4 lb loss

Are you breastfeeding?
No

Do you have thyroid issues/risks or PCOS?
No

Replies