Logging

Options
MartialPanda
MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
Hey guys. I love this group and i'm glad it's pushing me to do SOMETHING at my desk instead of just sitting. Also it takes my mind off the crazy..... My question to you guys is......are you guys logging this? if so how?

my normal bit will be 25 squats..............hold squat for 1 minute and do punches in the air

FYI i do martial arts so my workouts will randomly be kicks or punches or the like.

Replies

• chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I was hoping someone would answer you. I don't think I burn all that much calories by the little things I do, but then again, if I add it up throughout the day, it may very well add up to an extra 100 cals, which is worth logging!

I just rode my stationary bike for "15 calories", so I will log that.

I have my setting at 'sedentary' so I really do want to eat my exercise cals. I may just log exercise for a day or two, and once I get an idea of what I'm burning, I'll just up my 'calorie goal' with that in mind.

For what you describe you are doing, Nehaghosh, maybe "calisthenics" is the way to log.
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I log my squats and wall push-ups (as push-ups) under the strength tab
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I count my push ups as 200 calories for 1000 push ups..
    In body pump if you do 10 exercises usually women will burn around 300 calories..
    So 6 minutes of squats will burn you around 50 calories. Each push up is worth .5 calories but I count mine at .2 calories..

If you can do at least 20 minutes in a day of anything at your desk I think its worth at least 100 calories.
  • speedgoose
    Options
    This may be bad, but this is what I do. I use a HRM (not at work, but when I exercise) and I have a general feel for how much I need to exert to burn 100 cals in 10 mins, so I put out that much energy into my 2-minute things I do on the half hour, so I guesstimate that it's about 20 cals. I'll log it as a whole at the end of the day.
  • MartialPanda
    MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Yeah i'm basically logging how much time i take to do my once a 45/1 hr (I have too much work that i usually pass over the 30 min mark). usually about 2 minutes once an hour............about 20 minutes throughout the day.

Yeah i'm marking it down as calisthenics.

Thank you guys!
  • aries7298
    aries7298 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I wear a fitbit all day.... so it kind of tracks my movement anyway.... not sure if I should track my exercises (push-ups, squats) differently. :ohwell: