Keto Snack Attack!

Options
Hey! I was thinking that I need more easy and quick snack ideas for while I'm at work.
Today I was so hungry, I went over to the grocery store to look for easy to prep Keto friendly snacks, and I ended up leaving with some cheese and a pack of ready crisp bacon. LOL.
So i'm having bacon slices and cheese as my snack. Its good, don't get me wrong, but it still seems wrong somehow!
Please post your best snack ideas and also the weirdest keto friendly food combos you've done!

Replies

• Ralthor125
    Ralthor125 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My strangest right now is Isopure zero carb protein shake and olive oil. Now I don't mix this together as I'd hate to have to scrub my shaker cup forever to get the olive oil out, but I do take a teaspoon of it separate (don't care for the taste) and then drink down the protein. I wouldn't consider this a snack really, just a way of staying on target and a quick easy meal.
  • kimrb0107
    kimrb0107 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am having the same issues with finding snacks especially for when I am on the go. The other day I had some turkey pepperoni. I heated them up in the microwave for about 2min and they came out crunchy like chips. I agree that I feel like it's wrong to eat these things as snacks. lol
  • wheels_33
    Options
    celery with cream cheese and green olives
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Macadamia nuts!
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Quest bars or homemade quest bars (see search bar) I just made some for the week.....probably last til Monday..haha
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Also blue diamond bbq almonds, yummmeeeee
  • Sammy9259
    Options
    I have the same issue especially as I found cheese stalls my weight loss so am cutting back on the cheese.
    What I tend to have as snacks are: boiled eggs, sugar free jello pots, celery dipped in peanut butter, celery/cucumber dipped in tuna mayo, pepperoni sticks, pork rinds, flax bread (a lot of recipes online)
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Celery and PB!! MMMMMMMMMMM!!

I also like cream cheese/sour cream dip with brocolli

cheese is easy too.... nuts....sliced almonds with a little almond milk...

And whipping cream!! This is my favorite evening snack and if you add a little cocoa (and your sweetener of choice) it is absolutely perfect for that dreaded TOM.
  • MechanicalCritter
    MechanicalCritter Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I get a small container of olives, feta and mushrooms from the olive bar at Kroger's. It's yummy and feels really decadent.
  • thmgoodw
    Options
    Generally speaking, my snacks include:

Sunflower seeds (raw and unsalted)
    Pumpkin seeds (raw and unsalted)
    Variety of Nut Butters (WholeFoods' Natural Peanut Butter and Natural Almond Butter)
    Variety of cheeses
    Jerky (turkey and beef)
    Variety of raw and unstalted nuts (almonds, cashews, etc.)
    Green olives

Some of these have more latent carbs than other, so obviously monitor total carb intake. My main meals tend to be nearly carb free (i.e., fish, beef, chicken, eggs, bacon), so I tend to get my carbs in my snacks versus larger meals.

My current favorite snack is YumButter's Dark Chocolate D'Lish (5 net carbs per 185 calorie serving) slathered on celery stalks. Dark Chocolate D'Lish is Peanut Butter + Dark Chocolate :-)

-Tom
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Tom - Do you not like salt? I only ask because low carbers need to SUPPLEMENT sodium. Salted nuts and seeds are a great way to do this!
  • thmgoodw
    Options
    Tom - Do you not like salt? I only ask because low carbers need to SUPPLEMENT sodium. Salted nuts and seeds are a great way to do this!

Actually, I am not a big fan of salt myself. I would never dream of voluntarily adding salt to something to add taste...as it does just the exact opposite to me. That being said, with the amount of bacon and other meat with sodium content that I consume, I still have been averaging 2,500-3,000 mg of salt per day over the past month
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Jasmine_James
    Jasmine_James Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    To make keto successful at work, preparation is the key. I spend a few hours on Sunday doing food prep -- last week I made a big batch of boursin-stuffed mushrooms and had a few each afternoon as a snack. This week, I made a big batch of deviled eggs and will have 2 each afternoon as a snack. For lunch, I almost always have a high-fat salad -- usually 2 cups of organic greens + 1/4 avocado + 2 TBSP high-fat/low carb creamy dressing.

On Sundays I load everything in plastic containers and then bring them to work on Monday and keep them in the fridge so I have them on hand all week. We get catered lunches every day at work, so *if* something high-fat is catered I'll have that for lunch, but I try not to.

Sometimes, I'll also bring a packet of nitrate-free pepperoni slices and a container of whipped cream cheese; I'll nuke 12 or so pepperonis for 45 seconds and then dip them in the cream cheese. This is one of my favorites and takes less than a minute to prepare, so it's pretty easy to make at work.