Week 15 and I found someone I thought I had lost.......

Options
sassiebritches
sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
I am week 15 in my journey. The reset is done, I am in week 2 of my cut. I think I have been measuring my food wrong because I have not lost or gained. Week 16 I will deduct another 100cals, bringing my cut to 367 cals cut a day....dropping my count to 2100. Hoping that will work, if not I will try something else. Measuring for sure should eliminate some of my issues as my 4 ounces of meat and the actual 4 ounces of meat I am sure are not the same :P

But the above is not why I am writing today......just an update and I found someone today I had been missing without realizing it. I used to be a dancer - Jazz/contemporary. Not professional, and not trained, but self taught by watching videos and reading etc. I also did gymnastics as a kid (and I did take some dance as a child). I used to dance 2-4 hours a day, sometimes only 3 days a week, but usually weekly. I was a rocker chick, so alot of my moves were long and lean, lots of hip rolls and thrust :P. Anyway, as I slowly got away from dance about 15 years ago.....and I never went back. WELL today as I was stretching for my workout, I put my pandora station to 80s hair and found myself taken back in time....I found myself warming up for a dance workout......I rose to my feet and loosened up and I DANCED.....for the first time in 15 years I moved my body from the tip of my toes to the end of my hairs....I moved..... I could see my reflection in my old tube TV in the livingroom and though I am 262 lbs as of this am and there is a layer of clumpy fat....I could see my core muscles working and my legs flexing and tightening and I was doing movements that just came natural to me....the dancer me. I could feel the air inside my lungs burning as I switched in time with the music....just effortlessly. And though I am sure to anyone outside looking in I looked like the dancing hippo in fantasia....to me I looked like a piece of artwork.....moving through her tight little living room to Def Leopards "Poor Some Sugar on Me" :P I was planning a weight program today....and 20 minutes of hard dancing left me breathless and alive to tackle my day....so I decided to do a few arm weights and let the day be.......

I am fat today still. 262lbs.....back where I started yoyoing in 2008. But I am strong, and I am willing and I am learning about my body. I will be shopping for some stretchy yoga pants this weekend. And will hit the Goodwill to find some outfits I can feel good in for the winter as all I own is too small. I will feel good about my body, even if I am bigger then I ever have been.

I danced today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DANCED TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEjPDS8Jp1E

Replies

• FourIsCompany
    FourIsCompany Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that... It's beautiful!
  • grandpoobah12
    Options
    Sassie!!!! Yo, shoutout! That is like, totally awesome dude! I love Pour Some Sugar on Me. It is soooo fun to dance. Why are we getting away from the things that we love by being told heavy lifting or strength training. Of course you are heavy lifting whenever you squat down and lift your entire body back up. Incorporate some upper body into your moves and well, I think you have a great workout. But better than that it`s fun!

God I love dancing too. And walking. I got away from that doing my reset and never lost any weight. In my cut I restricted my calories less and less every week and now I am finally losing, at the level MFP had set for me in the first place.

Since measuring and weighing and cutting calories is so not fun. Why not make your workout fun? The weight loss really seems to be about the food.
    We don`t have to go down to 1200 but we do have to eat less than we burn.

So I guess the only sugar we are getting is the musical kind! Ha ha whoo hoo. I`ll be challenging the glitterati on x box today as it is too rainy to walk outside. They like lady gaga, no def leppard but I really want to beat them!

Enjoy your dance. Enjoy your path to weight loss.
  • floopysandi
    floopysandi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I love to dance, I am awkward as hell, but I do it anyway.... Walking down the street, waiting for a bus, wherever, if the mood strikes me I move (I even chair dance at work). And it is so awesome that you found your love for it again! Rock those hair band songs and get moving!!! The most fun cardio imho!
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!!!!!!!! I really have missed it. The dance I am doing is less cardio and more strength as I do alot of lifting etc......
    Serious leg and core.... :)
    I love to dance, I am awkward as hell, but I do it anyway.... Walking down the street, waiting for a bus, wherever, if the mood strikes me I move (I even chair dance at work). And it is so awesome that you found your love for it again! Rock those hair band songs and get moving!!! The most fun cardio imho!
  • athenalove46
    athenalove46 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    That's great! Keep on dancing! :)
  • jbnl1991
    jbnl1991 Posts: 149
    Options
    Awesome post, Sassie!! Love that you reconnected with the dancer within. My youngest two kids love rock. My 20 year old son has all the AC/DC albums and burned some on CDs so I can lift weights while singing "she was a fast machine, she kept her motor clean . . ."

My 16 year old daughter and I rocked out to Pour Some Sugar on Me earlier this week while going shopping. It probably looked a little weird hearing that song coming from her Mini Cooper!

I hope you never lose the dancer again!
  • iluvhorses1983
    iluvhorses1983 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I also miss dancing! We don't go to clubs anymore since we got married (don't enjoy the atmosphere anymore). I should make time for it at home like you did. I recently bought a GroupOn for 10 Zumba classes which is a lot of dance moves. I'm going to start next week!!! =) Until then, I might bust out my Dance party Wii game tonight!
  • julysbaby
    julysbaby Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing NSV!!!! Good for you:)
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!! I love this and I could totally hear the enthusiasm and excitement in your words!!! Good for you!!!

KEEP ON DANCING!!!!
  • arnpjenn
    arnpjenn Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You go girl!

As an aside... yes, the measuring thing got me. ...and all the hidden calories in condiments I wasn't logging before.

We can do this! Dancing of course!
  • beautifulswan1
    beautifulswan1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    So awesome!!! Way to go!!!