me & FM

Options
Hello everyone :smile:
we all feel fibromyalgia differently and what works for me may not work for others.
I do exercise whenever I can, i am a walker mainly, but when I can't walk or the weather doesn't help I do muscle stretching and muscle strenghtening at home; I warm up muscles 1st then I do several sets of exercises to workout muscles & joints, nothing that causes pain. I also use light-weights to increase my upper body muscles.
I like to dance also, just free dance in those days when I feel depressed and pains are too many to exercise... I just choose some songs I like and dance, it's exercise and improves my mood also.
Sometimes, when I actually have some silence in the neigbourhood I do some meditation.
I am starting with Tai- Chi exercises for beginners.
I use the app Runkeeper to track all my activities.
I had to change my diet also. what I advise is to start with a daily journal with all the food you eat and how you feel afterwards, i.e., if increases your pain, or changes your mood, if gives you abdominal pain etc.
I did it for a few months now and I know what foods I can and cannot eat, despite sometimes I just let it go and eat it the same .
:tongue:
I didn't put on weight is quite the opposite. I don't take many medicines, just painkillers, ant-inflammatory, muscle relaxants and pills for anxiety. I refuse to take antidepressants because I have been taking those since I was 17 years old.
Well, I think I say too much for the 1st day :happy:
Please share with me some recipes or exercises anything , I'd love to know what is going on with other fibromites.
If someone wants to add me as a friend i would appreciate it also; I am looking for people from North england.