Daily Menu???

Options
mwooderson
mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
In the induction phase do you plan your menus in advance or stick to the Atkins approved food list? I am struggling a little with how to eat a balanced nutritional diet and not go over the net 20 carbs. I have joined the Atkins web site but their menus are full of Atkins products....no surprise. :)

Replies

• MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Breakfast I always had eggs, meat, cheese, and usually spinach. I didn't stick to Atkins specifically and ate a banana every morning and still lost but no fruits while on induction.
    Lunch is usually chicken and veggies, hamburger patty and veggies, salad with some type of meat and cream based dressing. Dinner is similar to lunch.
    With having 2 children and my husband, I try to plan ahead a little bit with meals and how I'm going to adjust them for the kids. Its more work but I don't expect the kids to eat low carb, plus meat can get expensive. One example is tacos. My stepson gets taco shells, meat, lettuce, tomatos, etc; my husband and I have a taco salad minus the shells and salsa. I make bacon wrapped chicken for my husband and I; I make BLTs for the kids.
    I really like the Atkins products for on the go HOWEVER I have been able to eat them and they did not effect my weight loss. Other people can't tolerate the sugar alcohols.
  • 50racinggirl
    50racinggirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have found that planning helps keep me on track and limits my desire to stray to the "dark" side (process refined icky foods). I have been HORRIBLE about planning lately and I think that is why I have gained some weight back. Thanks for your post to help me get myself back on track, too!
  • penguin817
    Options
    I love the new Atkins frozen meals that you can find at Wal-Mart. I had the chili today (4 Net Carbs) and it was awesome! I eat a lot of meats, chicken, steak, pepperoni, eggs, salad, bacon, cheese, asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower.

Favorite Snacks: Lupini Beans (love the salt), roasted pumpkin seeds, Banana Peppers and sugar free bread & butter pickles.
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Love the ideas!!! Thanks.
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i scoured the atkins site for recipes of my favorite familiar meals to find those that that conformed to Induction, and then made adjustments to others to make them Induction friendly.

Do a search on their Induction recipes, and you will discover myriad options to keep things varied and balanced. <and Yum!>

also remember to keep your water & the veggies up, and take a multi-vitamin (without iron, unless you are anemic and/or do not eat mammals, like me).

=^x^=