Virtual Race: Commorative C25k 3.1K (2 mile race)

Options
likitisplit
likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
If you remember, I suggested a commemorative 3.1k (2 mile race). This is the thread for us to post our times.

The rules are - run two miles on ONE of the following days: 6th, 7th or 8th of November. Then post your time here.

Replies

• Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Ok I am in!! Sounds like fun!
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I'm hoping I can participate in this on the 7th. Pefect for where I am at right now. I finished the C25k earlier this year but over the summer & vacation I was running less consistently so I am getting back to where I was.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad that I see this as easy now.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome!
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options

The two miles is easy. Pushing myself to actually run faster for two miles...not so much.

I'm glad you posted, Varda. I have been thinking about it for a couple of weeks and was going to revive the thread. This group is so active that it disappeared off my screen.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options

The two miles is easy. Pushing myself to actually run faster for two miles...not so much.

Well crud I wasn't thinking about trying to run fast. :smile: But yeah I should probably do that too.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm starting Week 7 this week so 2 miles should be fine for me!
  • Skye_NS
    Skye_NS Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    I did my run yesterday and really amazed myself!

Total Distance: 2.00 miles
    Time: 19:01
    Pace: 9:29 min/mile

I think I could have maintained that pace for maybe another mile. Not sure if it was the cold weather or what, but it was a great run, my fastest pace to date!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    I forgot about this!

Great job, Ceci! That's a blazing fast time.
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    OK, I ran 3.5 miles today.

But my 2 mile section was 22:01 - so just over 11 min/mile.

It wasn't my fastest time, but for the duration of the 3.5 miles, it was pretty good for me. I know I am messing with the results here and didn't do it right. I thought maybe I could run just two miles again tomorrow with a faster pace, but work and physical therapy are not going to accomodate an additional run.
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Did my two miles this morning as it was my scheduled distance anyway - 22:20 was the time which is about average for me, though probably a bit slow for such a short distance!

I blame it on IBS cramps, short legs and frost ... oh and just not picking my feet up fast enough :bigsmile:

Ceci - that is phenomenal speed!
  • Raasy
    Options
    I did my run yesterday and really amazed myself!

Total Distance: 2.00 miles
    Time: 19:01
    Pace: 9:29 min/mile

I think I could have maintained that pace for maybe another mile. Not sure if it was the cold weather or what, but it was a great run, my fastest pace to date!

That is a blazing speed.. Great job!!!
  • Raasy
    Options
    I did my 2 mile run today, while I am not nearly as fast as the times that have come in, it felt great to get back running. It was my first run with my new brace and my first run since injuring my knee. So I clocked in at 30 minutes 11 seconds..

Congrats to you all for your great times!!
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    I did my 2 mile run today, while I am not nearly as fast as the times that have come in, it felt great to get back running. It was my first run with my new brace and my first run since injuring my knee. So I clocked in at 30 minutes 11 seconds..

Congrats to you for getting back out there! 2 miles in 30 minutes is a respectable speed, good job!
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I just saw this. It turns out I did this yesterday (11/8) without even knowing it.

http://www.strava.com/activities/93775763

2 miles in 27 minutes. I know Strava says 2.1 and 27.19 but that has to be the drag in my finger pushing the stop button as that isn't what was on the screen when I hit stop/record.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options

Great job getting out there! How's the knee feeling post-run?