Careful--"Eat More" is a relative term

Options
13»

Replies

• LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Great conversation. Bumping to read again! Wow! Y'all are smarter than me!!
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I am pleased to report that I have lost 1.6 lbs since August 2! I have averaged 1450-1600 calories (gross) a day. I have been alternating running and circuit training that combines weights with some cardio. I have been pretty consistent with all of this (minus the week lost to the stomach flu--didnt eat much at all, and then ate like crazy while my body made up for it! And I felt so rotten that I could not work out for nearly a week!). I upped my protein and dropped my carbs a bit (I am trying to keep the carbs under 150 most days, and always under 200--nothing drastic). My entire family is trying to eat cleaner. The bodyfat measurement on my scale has gone down a percentage point (I never really take the number at face value, but it does seem to read fairly consistently from day to day, so I am hoping it is accurate at showing changes). My clothes seem to fit a bit better (I was able to get into a pair of my size 2`s today!), and someone commented today that I looked like I had lost a lot of weight! Really, truly it is only 1.6 lbs, but it must be coming off in the right places!.

This is really slow progress--about 0.5 lbs per month--but I am thrilled. This is the first time I have seen consistent downward movement in over a year. And if my size and shape continue to change, I may not need to lose all 9 lbs that I thought I wanted to lose. That would be good too!

Heybales, I tried to paste your link into my web browser, but it said the server could not be found. I would love to read it. . . . .
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I am pleased to report that I have lost 1.6 lbs since August 2! I have averaged 1450-1600 calories (gross) a day. I have been alternating running and circuit training that combines weights with some cardio. I have been pretty consistent with all of this (minus the week lost to the stomach flu--didnt eat much at all, and then ate like crazy while my body made up for it! And I felt so rotten that I could not work out for nearly a week!). I upped my protein and dropped my carbs a bit (I am trying to keep the carbs under 150 most days, and always under 200--nothing drastic). My entire family is trying to eat cleaner. The bodyfat measurement on my scale has gone down a percentage point (I never really take the number at face value, but it does seem to read fairly consistently from day to day, so I am hoping it is accurate at showing changes). My clothes seem to fit a bit better (I was able to get into a pair of my size 2`s today!), and someone commented today that I looked like I had lost a lot of weight! Really, truly it is only 1.6 lbs, but it must be coming off in the right places!.

This is really slow progress--about 0.5 lbs per month--but I am thrilled. This is the first time I have seen consistent downward movement in over a year. And if my size and shape continue to change, I may not need to lose all 9 lbs that I thought I wanted to lose. That would be good too!

Heybales, I tried to paste your link into my web browser, but it said the server could not be found. I would love to read it. . . . .

Congrats.
    Hard fought battle there, not only in doing what you needed to do, but wondering why you couldn't do what others do.
    I'm sure you have lost more fat too, though it really packs a volume per lb.

That link, it is messed up.
    You have to highlight what you can see, and then use the shift key pressed down and right-arrow over a few more characters that got chopped off. URL was too long.

Putting it here again. Yep, too long with no spaces to cut between lines. What I said above.

http://newsletters.active.com/t/42490272/144676424/1366295/44/?4f415564=MTQ0Njc2NDI0&e5e2987d=NDI0OTAyNzI=&3e076d18=bWJhbGVzQGJpZ2Zvb3QuY29t&x=10e6f766